Recirc Button

I took my car in a few months ago and complained about the recirc not working right. The outside smells are coming into my car. The service tech didn't understand me, apparently, and said nothing was found. So as I'm driving my loaner car back today (car went in for oil change, and thought I'd try this again with the recirc button), I'm about a block away, and I get a phone call that my car won't be ready until Thursday night or Friday because it's all apart. Apparently they found the problem, which was the little door inside that's supposed to keep everything out, was broken. Aha!! So I'm not crazy.......

Just thought I'd pass along the info in case anybody else has the same problem happening...

• 3 weeks later...

I took my car in a few months ago and complained about the recirc not working right. The outside smells are coming into my car. The service tech didn't understand me, apparently, and said nothing was found. So as I'm driving my loaner car back today (car went in for oil change, and thought I'd try this again with the recirc button), I'm about a block away, and I get a phone call that my car won't be ready until Thursday night or Friday because it's all apart. Apparently they found the problem, which was the little door inside that's supposed to keep everything out, was broken. Aha!! So I'm not crazy.......

Just thought I'd pass along the info in case anybody else has the same problem happening...

And I'll have you know that since my recirc is now working, I have more rattling in my dash.....I know, I'm just never happy.......... :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

And I'll have you know that since my recirc is now working, I have more rattling in my dash.....I know, I'm just never happy.......... :rolleyes:

you have the right not to be happy, when they fixed your air conditioner problem they removed your dash board. Take it back and make them fix it! (they fix more than just a little door)

Doesn't that just drive your nuts. Such a beautiful car... and all we seem to do is drive back to the dealer every 3000 miles or so with a new tick, rattle or pop and hope that they don't think us nuts. I think it is a life lesson for me ...that nothing is perfect...still p-sses me off though.

Doesn't that just drive your nuts. Such a beautiful car... and all we seem to do is drive back to the dealer every 3000 miles or so with a new tick, rattle or pop and hope that they don't think us nuts. I think it is a life lesson for me ...that nothing is perfect...still p-sses me off though.

Solution: Turn the music up so loud you cant hear anything but the thumping in your ears! works for me! ;)

That's exactly what I do, jam that music up loud!!

I had them fix the dash, but it doesn't stop the loud popping that occurs during temperature changes. Let me just put it this way: If I don't hear the popping, I now think that something is wrong with the car, lol! That was an '06, I was complaining about. I now have an '07, and it's just the same way. A quirk of the car that I'm not gonna fiddle with right now....

LOL...

except turning the music very loud will create more rattles due to the bass vibrations....

Actually the bass causes the rear view mirror to vibrate (replaced by LEXUS because when the sunroof is open it vibrates -another technical service bulletin).

What's really cool is when the sun roof is rattling...the mirror is vibrating... and the dashing is going snap, crack and pop...

On those days it is best enjoy the car is sitting on the porch looking at it in the driveway... just after you finished wiping down the brake dust on the front wheels... drinking vodka...

I love :) my LEXUS :)

I was trying to figure out what kind of car was behind me this morning, but my rearview mirror was rattling too badly to figure it out until I put my hand on it to stop the vibration. I had it replaced in the last IS, but haven't done it in this one.....

Yes, I love my Lexus, even with all the complaints. Then why the heck do I keep dreaming about the Infiniti??????