Installing Touch Screen

i have an Es3 02 and I would really like to install a touch screen navi. I've been told that its not possible by the local installers here. I have no clue its that true or not. So Can you Lexperts please tell me what are my options if any..What type/brand of navi in dash to buy and from where. can I install the Mark L. navi, what about the current in dash 6 disc, how can i replace that.

Thanks

The only options are from Pioneer, Alpine or Eclipse. All three companies offer a touch-screen DVD navigation system with radio and single-CD player - an optional 6 disc changer is available from either of the three companies mentioned previously. The one other bonus is that Pioneer offers XM Traffic and Bluetooth modules! Both are sold seperately and the XM Traffic module requires a subscription.

The reason you can't add the factory navigation is because the wiring harnesses and amplifiers in the car are not compatible with a 'factory' navigation system.

i have an Es3 02 and I would really like to install a touch screen navi. I've been told that its not possible by the local installers here. I have no clue its that true or not. So Can you Lexperts please tell me what are my options if any..What type/brand of navi in dash to buy and from where. can I install the Mark L. navi, what about the current in dash 6 disc, how can i replace that.

Thanks

Sniper, I have a 2002 es Full nav system with the bezel and a custom made wiring harness that will plug and play with your existing connectors. If interested pm or em me. Thanx

Thanks

Sniper, I have a 2002 es Full nav system with the bezel and a custom made wiring harness that will plug and play with your existing connectors. If interested pm or em me. Thanx

Sniper, Did you go aftermarket ? Let us know about the install, Please. :D :cheers:

Go to a lexus company and buy the dash trim that comes fo rthis car with the nav system, use that trim and your aftermarket nav with touch screen and you're good to go, Im currently doing this hopefully by monday ill have pics once everything arrives

the hole in the factory plate is not doulbe din like aftermarket . its 1 inch wider. also the factory es nav system made by denso is better than any alpine, pioneer or kenwood aftermarket nav so why would you go aftermarket? factory nav would increase resale by $1000 and aftermarket would actually decrese value even less than over the factory cassette cd changer without nav. you can still tap off the factory digital amp and get signal for left and right channel for an aftermarket subamp and sub and still have a plug in and play factory nav system.

the hole in the factory plate is not doulbe din like aftermarket . its 1 inch wider. also the factory es nav system made by denso is better than any alpine, pioneer or kenwood aftermarket nav so why would you go aftermarket? factory nav would increase resale by $1000 and aftermarket would actually decrese value even less than over the factory cassette cd changer without nav. you can still tap off the factory digital amp and get signal for left and right channel for an aftermarket subamp and sub and still have a plug in and play factory nav system.

I checked double din = 4" correct? the space in the trim is 3 7/8"