Trim Strips

amf1932

Any opinions about putting on OEM door trim strips? I saw them on an ES350 at a Lexus showroom. They come already painted, and they're put on with some sort of adhesive backing.

My dealer doesn't have any accessories yet for ES350 like these strips or a little prepainted trunk spoiler. Would you do it? I have mixed emotions about putting on add ons.

P.S. I already saw a slight scratch on my drivers door from some A-hole that wasn't careful when they opened up their door and hit into mine. :angry:

P.S. I already saw a slight scratch on my drivers door from some A-hole that wasn't careful when they opened up their door and hit into mine. :angry:

I would like it mandatory that everyone else puts the protective strips on their cars.

Alan, I too have a handful of reminders from thoughtless people.

The strips will protect the edge of your door, but not against the fool how doesn't think before they open theirs. Go with the lip spoiler instead.

steviej

I would like it mandatory that everyone else puts the protective strips on their cars.

Alan, I too have a handful of reminders from thoughtless people.

The strips will protect the edge of your door, but not against the fool how doesn't think before they open theirs. Go with the lip spoiler instead.

steviej

I'm going to wait until my dealer gets in some of the accessories and then check em out, but as of yet they don't have anything for the 350's.....including touch up paint!

Alan, I misunderstood your strips. According to your thread on CL, these strips run the length of the car, correct? I was thinking they were the strips that go down the edge of the door.

Our 02/03 ES had the body side molding, I like it. But then again, we had no choice.

steviej

Alan, I misunderstood your strips. According to your thread on CL, these strips run the length of the car, correct? I was thinking they were the strips that go down the edge of the door.

Our 02/03 ES had the body side molding, I like it. But then again, we had no choice.

steviej

Stevie-

I spoke to the dealer today and they wanted $699.00 installed for those strips!! Outrageous. :censored:

I doubt whether I'll put them on, besides I like the slab sided look of the ES350. ;)

I wouldn't do it. Yes its a shame that cars don't have functional trim strips anymore, but actually they haven't for many years (the trim strips on my ES are useless). It costs $90 to have a door ding removed with PDR. So, the car will be slightly ugly until you get this done (I have it done 2-5 times a year, I park a lot) or ugly all the time with trim strips.

• 7 months later...

I had the dealer install the side mouldings and the rear lip spoiler. The dealer charged $199 for the side moldings and I think $299 for the spoiler. I have a Smoky Granite Mica, but they ordered the pre-pained Black Pearl. Perfect match and they look great. Cheers

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know of a better substitute to side moldings for Ding protection. I mean, something like a bar running horizontally across the doors, which may be temporarily 'stuck' in the door jamb when you park at an 'unsafe' location. It something like that is there, it may look ugly, but protection is important too. Side mouldings protect, but not from big SUWs with heavy doors and not so mindful drivers.

• 5 weeks later...

Any opinions about putting on OEM door trim strips? I saw them on an ES350 at a Lexus showroom. They come already painted, and they're put on with some sort of adhesive backing.

My dealer doesn't have any accessories yet for ES350 like these strips or a little prepainted trunk spoiler. Would you do it? I have mixed emotions about putting on add ons.