Parts!

LS4hundy

I have had great experience from Matt Molini. Here is a cut and paste reference from a past post because I am technohindered and don't know how to link it! I just got a shipment of the same stuff last week. They are fast and good to work with and give the indicated discount. Ask for the other minor stuff you will need for the 90k service too o-rings, thermostat, gasket etc... Cheap and you will need it to complete the job. Good luck.

--Baja

I've gotten good service and 30% off retail from Matt Molini of Lexus of Roseville:

Matt Molini

Parts Associate

Lexus of Roseville

Phone: 916-783-9111

Fax: 916-677-8840

Email: mmolini@lexusofroseville.net

www.lexusofroseville.com

I have had great experience from Matt Molini. Here is a cut and paste reference from a past post because I am technohindered and don't know how to link it! I just got a shipment of the same stuff last week. They are fast and good to work with and give the indicated discount. Ask for the other minor stuff you will need for the 90k service too o-rings, thermostat, gasket etc... Cheap and you will need it to complete the job. Good luck.

--Baja

I've gotten good service and 30% off retail from Matt Molini of Lexus of Roseville:

Matt Molini

Parts Associate

Lexus of Roseville

Phone: 916-783-9111

Fax: 916-677-8840

Email: mmolini@lexusofroseville.net

www.lexusofroseville.com

thanks, i actually already bought from thepartsbin.com I bought a timing belt,waterpump and a front crankshaft all for a little over $200 and they are all the OEM products, dont know if that matters much but thought I would pay the extra to have the factory parts. Thanks for the info though

I have had good service from www.newlexusparts.com. This website is that of a Lexus dealer located in Texas. Their prices are excellent, and they pay shipping charges. The website shows the suggested retail price and their price on each part.

Their website has its weaknesses. It works great if you know the part number and can enter that. However, if you have to search for a part, you have to enter the part name exactly as it exists in their data base, or it will not come up. An easier way is to select on the general area of the car for which you are seeking a part, e.g., "brakes," and then narrow your search down as the various brake parts are listed.

Another on line Lexus dealer is at www.lexus-parts.com. Their weakness is that only a few of the most common parts are listed for each vehicle. Also, they do not absorb shipping charges. It has been my experience that their prices are normally higher than www.newlexusparts.com.

A third possibility is www.irontoad.com. On this website, you tell them what part you need, and they respond by e-mail with their price.

I have had good service from www.newlexusparts.com. This website is that of a Lexus dealer located in Texas. Their prices are excellent, and they pay shipping charges. The website shows the suggested retail price and their price on each part.

Their website has its weaknesses. It works great if you know the part number and can enter that. However, if you have to search for a part, you have to enter the part name exactly as it exists in their data base, or it will not come up. An easier way is to select on the general area of the car for which you are seeking a part, e.g., "brakes," and then narrow your search down as the various brake parts are listed.

Another on line Lexus dealer is at www.lexus-parts.com. Their weakness is that only a few of the most common parts are listed for each vehicle. Also, they do not absorb shipping charges. It has been my experience that their prices are normally higher than www.newlexusparts.com.

A third possibility is www.irontoad.com. On this website, you tell them what part you need, and they respond by e-mail with their price.

good to know thanks :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Park place in Lexus in Plano, Texas. www.newcarparts.com. You can scan their list of parts and prices. The Lexus dealer in Lexington, Ky wanted $150.00 for a TPS. PPL sold it to me for $75.00. No tax or shipping charge. I call that a great price.

CORRECTION; The web site no longer comes up under the above newcarparts.com. It now comes up under www.newlexusparts.com

It should bring up Park Place Lexus. In Plano, Texas

The Lexus dealer in Lexington, Ky wanted $150.00 for a TPS. PPL sold it to me for $75.00. No tax or shipping charge.

Walt:

Great point! This is why I have such animosity toward the stealers. The two local ones in the greater Seattle area price their parts this way too (larceny). It's one thing to charge list/retail, but they appear to be marking parts up about 20 to 25% above retail. They're taking advantage of me, I'm sure not going to support them. And, when you have paid for your part & you ask them a "service" question, they quickly get "stupid", can't (won't) answer the question, other than to say "You should really get your car into our service department right away". Yeah, As if..............

I'm curious, how many of you run into this same problem? I'd guess quite a few, given the number of replies with suggestions/links to outfits like IronToad, PPL, etc.