Lack Of Problems

I've been preparing for a new car purchase for the past few months.

As I always do before making a major decision, I do a lot of research.

I have been very interested in 3 very different cars, for various reasons.

Lexus IS 250 AWD

Chrysler 300C

Acura TL

I have joined various forums to watch what owners are saying.

The Acuras hare having issues with thin paint, auto transmission slippage, rattles and noises and I hate that they only offer XM (This is not to start a XM vs Sirius debate, just my opinion)

The Chrysler 300C also has transmission problems, caused by AC Condensation getting into the tranny fluid. This was supposedly fixed through a Tech Bulletin, but who knows.

I hear bad things about Chrysler's Nav system.

And I get an uneasy feeling when I see a car company drop from a 7 Yr to a 3 Yr Warranty.

Why dont they just come right out and say their cars are undependable?

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee now and this is my second and last Chrysler product.

I joined this forum in the beginning of March and all I see are happy Lexus owners.

No major issues.

Nobody stating that this will be their last Lexus.

Just happy people who love their cars.

I can't wait to join the family when I get into my new 07 IS.

Thank You to all of the Lexus owners and fans who make this forum what it is.

It's making my decision a very easy one.:cheers:

Except for choosing a color! :wacko:

I've been preparing for a new car purchase for the past few months.

As I always do before making a major decision, I do a lot of research.

I have been very interested in 3 very different cars, for various reasons.

Lexus IS 250 AWD

Chrysler 300C

Acura TL

I have joined various forums to watch what owners are saying.

The Acuras hare having issues with thin paint, auto transmission slippage, rattles and noises and I hate that they only offer XM (This is not to start a XM vs Sirius debate, just my opinion)

The Chrysler 300C also has transmission problems, caused by AC Condensation getting into the tranny fluid. This was supposedly fixed through a Tech Bulletin, but who knows.

I hear bad things about Chrysler's Nav system.

And I get an uneasy feeling when I see a car company drop from a 7 Yr to a 3 Yr Warranty.

Why dont they just come right out and say their cars are undependable?

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee now and this is my first and last Chrysler product.

I joined this forum in the beginning of March and all I see are happy Lexus owners.

No major issues.

Nobody stating that this will be their last Lexus.

Just happy people who love their cars.

I can't wait to join the family when I get into my new 07 IS.

Thank You to all of the Lexus owners and fans who make this forum what it is.

It's making my decision a very easy one.:cheers:

Except for choosing a color! :wacko:

-I can help you with the color choice its pretty simple dont get silver b/c its boring and everyone has it.

-Get black b/c it makes every car look good especially the IS :) BUT if you dont like cleaning your car than dont even think twice about black b/c noncar carers dont deserve this beautiful color

-If you like to clean your car but your everyday life schedule gets in the way than get red b/c it looks HOT on the IS and does not require that much maintanence when compared to black

-If your lazy and dont like washing for weeks than get white b/c its classy and easy to maintain. And your car stays coolest with white paint b/c white does not absorb alot of radiation from the sun unlike the other colors. :P

LOL... Thanks.

Although this wasn't meant to be a color deciding post... here we go anyway. ;)

I'm set on one of 4 colors

Crystal White:

I own a White Jeep and a White Honda Accord - Both look lousy if not constantly maintained and cleaned. They look awesome when nicely cared for.

Since I plan on constantly rubbing, touching and talking dirty to my new IS, I'm not afraid of getting a color which requires a little extra maintenance.

Matador Red:

My 94 Ford SHO was red and it looked fantastic at night.

I've also seen the IS in red in person, and it looks really nice.

Smokey Granite Mica:

This was my first color choice when I first saw the IS and was also the color of my testdrive model.

Looked really nice, but I noticed that it shows tiny little hairline scratches really easily... and let's face it, scratches happen

Breakwater Blue:

Have not yet seen it in person but this color seems less typical and really stands out.

The car, in photos anyway, looks great in this color.

The only problem is that the wife feels this color is sorta feminine.

She says it should've been called Brokeback Mountain Blue. :unsure:

I also would like to see the Blue Onyx in person before deciding as well.

Like I said, it's a hard decision for me.:wacko:

LOL... Thanks.

Although this wasn't meant to be a color deciding post... here we go anyway. ;)

I'm set on one of 4 colors

Crystal White:

I own a White Jeep and a White Honda Accord - Both look lousy if not constantly maintained and cleaned. They look awesome when nicely cared for.

Since I plan on constantly rubbing, touching and talking dirty to my new IS, I'm not afraid of getting a color which requires a little extra maintenance.

Matador Red:

My 94 Ford SHO was red and it looked fantastic at night.

I've also seen the IS in red in person, and it looks really nice.

Smokey Granite Mica:

This was my first color choice when I first saw the IS and was also the color of my testdrive model.

Looked really nice, but I noticed that it shows tiny little hairline scratches really easily... and let's face it, scratches happen

Breakwater Blue:

Have not yet seen it in person but this color seems less typical and really stands out.

The car, in photos anyway, looks great in this color.

The only problem is that the wife feels this color is sorta feminine.

She says it should've been called Brokeback Mountain Blue. :unsure:

I also would like to see the Blue Onyx in person before deciding as well.

Like I said, it's a hard decision for me.:wacko:

Hmmmm If I were in your sandals at the moment I would go with Matador red b/c its the best sports car color and it would look so hot with a beige interior(black interior is boring b/c there is no contrast and it shows alot of dust and hair dandruff). And the names got latin flava and you know latin ladies are hot so your car would be like a latin hot sexy mama. :)

Good luck on your color choice and you picked the right car. Oh btw I have to tel lyou this b/c it bothers me, when I got to the manual car wash places ppl spray the water gun like 1 inch away from the surface of the paint which is really BAD. I mean I have accidentally sprayed my hand at full blast at the distance one and it freakin hurts like hell imagine what it does to the paint. Keep like a 2 feet distance from you car. Thats my 2 cents. ;p

black interior is boring b/c there is no contrast and it shows alot of dust and hair dandruff).

LOL.... Hair Dandruff ?!? :blink:

I don't think I have that issue to worry about.

But, I am set on black.

I like the way it disappears at night and allows the gadgets and gizmos to come alive. :D

Its a really light cream, but not white. VW used to offer white but I don't think they do anymore. Lexus has an ecru which is also a really light cream on the LS...

White leather is rare because it gets dirty so easily.

You could get white leather installed at the pimp store.

LOL

Pimp Store :lol:

Does the Pimp Store carry Selsun Blue, or would that have to be a seperate stop? ;)

You could get white leather installed at the pimp store.

LOL

Pimp Store :lol:

Does the Pimp Store carry Selsun Blue, or would that have to be a seperate stop? ;)

I have a black IS350… I can honestly tell you that I have been to a car wash more in the past few weeks then I have in 5 years…

BUT..

When its clean….. WOW…

Yes… Proud dad here…

I own a Lexus IS250 Luxury, black with black leather and that combination makes the car look so gangsta that the respect that I get now in school is so big that there aint a guy who would say a bad thing about me. By the way, the manual is so damn good that I beated a Subari Impreza WRX in a drag race.