My New Is350 Has A Lot Of Scratches.

Hello.

I bought Brand New Lexus IS350 15 days ago. When I bought my car, it was so dark night, so I just bring my IS350 without checking. However, next day I found big three scratch on trunk and a lot of slight scratch entirely, so I went to Lexus of Bellevue and claimed to my sales manager, so he promised me he will fix my car for sure, so I waited the day of fixing day.

But, they couldn't fix my car and offer me very low quality service.

When I told about my car's problem, the salesman was angry with me and he was very rude.

And Lexus of Bellevue rent me corolla when my car was fixing.

When they sold this car, they was kind, but now their service is worst.

I told them I want to change my car to a non scratch car, but they told me pay more than 2000 dollars.

I heard the service of Lexus is very good, but in my experience, it's worst.

How do you think about this?

If you furchase a brand new car and find big scratch next day, what will you do and what will you request to te dealership?

Currently, I have got stress a lot since the day of purchasing IS350.

I have big problems that I can't speak English well, and I don't know about American dealerships' service because I am an international student and I live in Seattle only 6 month.

Please, help me. Give me some advice, please.

They want $2000 more for an identical car, all the same options, or does the other car perhaps have added options?

Call the dealership and ask to talk to the general manager. Make an appointment to go talk to him. Explain the situation and complain that the salesman is not being good to you. If you can, take along a friend who can speak both languages well and let him help explain.

Actually, stop talking to the dealership alltogether and take the car to a competent professional detailer and have the exterior fully detailed.

The issue is that car dealerships hire kids who have no idea what they're doing to wash/prep the cars for sale. Thats why I always write into the sale contract if the car is prepped in any way the deal is null and void. I also require that they not wash the car when its in for service.

A competent detailer can fix it I'm sure. It'll cost you $150 or so without the interior, and I'd take that bill to the General manager of the dealership and demand to be made whole.

Hello.

I bought Brand New Lexus IS350 15 days ago. When I bought my car, it was so dark night, so I just bring my IS350 without checking. However, next day I found big three scratch on trunk and a lot of slight scratch entirely, so I went to Lexus of Bellevue and claimed to my sales manager, so he promised me he will fix my car for sure, so I waited the day of fixing day.

When I told about my car's problem, the salesman was angry with me and he was very rude.

I told them I want to change my car to a non scratch car, but they told me pay more than 2000 dollars.

If you furchase a brand new car and find big scratch next day, what will you do and what will you request to te dealership?

I have big problems that I can't speak English well, and I don't know about American dealerships' service because I am an international student and I live in Seattle only 6 month.

I just recently bought an IS 250 from the dealership in Bellevue. It is currently on order, hopefully I wont experience the same problems.

sorry about the scratches :blink:

Tell them not to prep it and you wont.

How nasty does the car look if it's not cleaned for pickup?

I'm the type to spend hours rubbing the car with various diaper like devices, so I'm not afraid of cleaning, but do you end up driving home a new car covered in sticky glue and dust, or are they fairly clean to begin with?

They're pretty dirty, but its worth it. Make an appointment with a competent professional detailer and drive straight from the dealer to them and let them do it right. You can let the dealer do the interior.

Mental note made for Lexus of Bellevue sales dept. I will tread around them very lightly. Anyone have experience with another dealership (one in Seattle perhaps)?

Whoa! This is an ENTIRELY different scenario than I had with same dealership. I've had my IS 350 for 3 weeks now and the Bellevue, Washington dealership (where we've previously purchased 2 other models over the last 10 years) has been absolutely first class.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had this poor experience, but I can tell you that I have never seen anything but the highest regard for customer service and satisfaction at that dealership.

The ground effects that I had added were ever-so slightly off alignment on the rear bumper. I came in two weeks ago to make the appointment (I was in no hurry and seriously, it's so slight that only someone like me would notice) and they spent over an hour with me letting me know what they were going to do. I take in tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes. I have no doubt that it will be professional.

If you're seriously having issues with a saleman there, go talk to the general manager. Again, I'm sure that what they don't want are the kind of customer experiences you've described.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for the IS 350 .....I'm planning to purcahse 1 at the end of the summer and dont want to get ripped off ^_^

I just bought my IS350 lilver with black leather interior, nav, ML, and lux pkg for just 1500 over invoice from mission viejo in california. If you want my advise use the service I did. Go to carbargains.com It cost a $190.00 for the service but they search six dealers and tell you which one has the lowest cost.

I love the fact I didnt have to negotiate when the car arrived.

Jeff :)

Actually, stop talking to the dealership alltogether and take the car to a competent professional detailer and have the exterior fully detailed.

The issue is that car dealerships hire kids who have no idea what they're doing to wash/prep the cars for sale. Thats why I always write into the sale contract if the car is prepped in any way the deal is null and void. I also require that they not wash the car when its in for service.

A competent detailer can fix it I'm sure. It'll cost you $150 or so without the interior, and I'd take that bill to the General manager of the dealership and demand to be made whole.

gimme a break. You buy a new lexus and there's scratches all over it you take it back to the dealer and demand satisfaction. He didn't ask for scratches when he bought it and he has a right to expect a spotless car.

You go somewhere else and then hand Lexus the bill they have every right to tell you to get lost.

If you'd rather spend several hrs. cleaning all the crap off your new car go ahead. I'd rather just have Lexus, prep my car for me like they're supposed to and if there's 1 mark on it they can take it back and fix it. Lexus has an excellent service rep and there is no way they would risk losing a customer over something like that.

Trust me, taking it back to the dealer will just make the situation worse because the dealer doesn't know HOW to polish paint detail or wash a car because 95% of people don't care. Sure its fine to "demand satisfaction" but thats like trying to demand I play the guitar like Carlos Santana. I can't, I don't know how. And the dealers "detailer" (a kid with a brush and a buffer) doesn't know how to detail a car without scratching it up. They can have all the good intentions of trying to make good with you, but that doesn't fix the issue that they can't physically do what you want them to do. Every time they try and fix it, they're going to make it worse.

I used to detail professionally, I know people that took cars back to dealers 5 or 6 times only to give up and bring them back to me in condition that I couldn't even repair. The dealer "detailers" get paid MAYBE $10 an hour, I charged $60 an hour at least when I detailed. Little bit of a skill difference there.

If the condition of the car's paint is important to you, NEVER EVER let the dealer touch it, especially if its a dark color. Not to prep, not to wash when its in for service. If you want it done right, pay a competent professional (or get the dealer to pay if they damage the car. I've done this) or learn to do it yourself.

if you want to take the position that "lexus should fix it blah blah" you're just going to make the situation worse and potentially damage the car beyond repair. Sure then, they replace it. Then they'll prep the new one and ruin it too.

DON'T let them touch the car again.

Hey SW03ES you seem to know alot about scratches so I have a question for you........ I have an IS 350 Silver, and there is this light scratch, you can't even see it if you don't know it's there....Well I know it's there and it bugs me :). It's like a blemish in the clear coat you can't even feel it if you run your finger over it. Someone recommended to me to use maguries Scratch X, which I did but it didn't do much. SO what can I do to get that out? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me, taking it back to the dealer will just make the situation worse because the dealer doesn't know HOW to polish paint detail or wash a car because 95% of people don't care. Sure its fine to "demand satisfaction" but thats like trying to demand I play the guitar like Carlos Santana. I can't, I don't know how. And the dealers "detailer" (a kid with a brush and a buffer) doesn't know how to detail a car without scratching it up. They can have all the good intentions of trying to make good with you, but that doesn't fix the issue that they can't physically do what you want them to do. Every time they try and fix it, they're going to make it worse.

I used to detail professionally, I know people that took cars back to dealers 5 or 6 times only to give up and bring them back to me in condition that I couldn't even repair. The dealer "detailers" get paid MAYBE $10 an hour, I charged $60 an hour at least when I detailed. Little bit of a skill difference there.

If the condition of the car's paint is important to you, NEVER EVER let the dealer touch it, especially if its a dark color. Not to prep, not to wash when its in for service. If you want it done right, pay a competent professional (or get the dealer to pay if they damage the car. I've done this) or learn to do it yourself.

if you want to take the position that "lexus should fix it blah blah" you're just going to make the situation worse and potentially damage the car beyond repair. Sure then, they replace it. Then they'll prep the new one and ruin it too.

DON'T let them touch the car again.

to SW03ES, I just find it hard to believe that Lexus would let some inexperienced kid who could care less about your car get away with ruining it.

They may have kids doing stuff you're talking about but there"s a chain of command just like in any large company that has to answer for mistakes and complaints and I don't think Lexus would have the rep it does if it let shoddy work out the door.

to SW03ES, I just find it hard to believe that Lexus would let some inexperienced kid who could care less about your car get away with ruining it.

They may have kids doing stuff you're talking about but there"s a chain of command just like in any large company that has to answer for mistakes and complaints and I don't think Lexus would have the rep it does if it let shoddy work out the door.

Trust me man, I've watched them detail cars at 3 Lexus dealerships and I've seen what dealer "detailers" do to cars when their owners came and paid me $200 to fix what the dealer couldn't do right. They are totally incompetent, its not just Lexus, its BMW, Benz, all of them. Remember the dealers are all privately owned and Lexus doesn't have a lot of control over things like this. They use brushes, dirty rags, floor brooms to wash the paint, wax cars with rotary buffers with wool pads, its scary. Remember, 95% of the public doesn't care so who'se it hurting? The 5% of us that do. Just don't let the dealer touch the car, hire a professional.

The dealer does care, and they will try and try to fix it for you and make it right. What I'm telling you is they can't make it right because they don't have the proper tools or the proper skill. Every time they touch it they'll just make it worse, regardless of their intentions until finally they'll just cover it up with a glaze that will make it look fine until you wash it 3 times and think you messed it up yourself. They don't know any better.

The dealer mistakenly washed my car against my wishes one time, the result? $150 worth of machine polish work to fix it. That was one time, washing. Imagine if they'd gone to town with a buffer on it.

To anyone who has this problem, have a professional polish and seal the paint and send the dealer the bill. They'll pay. They paid me.

Hey SW03ES you seem to know alot about scratches so I have a question for you........ I have an IS 350 Silver, and there is this light scratch, you can't even see it if you don't know it's there....Well I know it's there and it bugs me . It's like a blemish in the clear coat you can't even feel it if you run your finger over it. Someone recommended to me to use maguries Scratch X, which I did but it didn't do much. SO what can I do to get that out? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't feel it it will probably buff out. The Scratch X is about the best you can do by hand. I;d try again. Remember to rub it in paralell to the scratch until the product has completely broken down and dissapears. Then wipe it clean and check your work. It may take a while.

Check out some of the tutorials in the detailing section ;)

O ok, I didn't rub it in parallel because it didn't say so on the bottle, I did the whole hood like it told me to, but I'll definitly try that next. Should I do the whole hood, or just that one section? And how much of the product should I use? How much should I expect to pay if I let a professional do it? Iam due for a service soon, and you've made me really nervous about them washing my car :wacko: I was going to ask if they could do something about it, but Iam not so sure if I want to do that anymore. I think what your describing (about the people not caring) doesn't apply to all places, I have some friends that work at the automall detailing cars and they don't seem to do that....He told me I could just bring mine in sometime....Thanks for all the help/advice!!!!! :cheers:

[/qoute]

If you can't feel it it will probably buff out. The Scratch X is about the best you can do by hand. I;d try again. Remember to rub it in paralell to the scratch until the product has completely broken down and dissapears. Then wipe it clean and check your work. It may take a while.

Check out some of the tutorials in the detailing section ;)

Notice I didnt say they don't care, I said they don't KNOW HOW to detail a car properly. That would be my fear wit your friends too.

ScratchX is really just a spot polish product. if you're going to do the whole car I'd either read up on the detailing forum in the thread at the top entitled "What do I do first?" or pay a professional. I'd expect to pay at least $150 for a pro to polish out and seal the whole exterior.

• 1 month later...

Hello.

Lexus of Bellevue does give POOR service and their sales floor is really no better! We purchased our IS350 from Lexus of Tacoma. These two dealerships are actually owned by the same group, but the service and care that we have received from Lexus of Tacoma is FAR SUPERIOR to Bellevue. Call them 253.922.7100. We had some issues with our new car and the body kit. Lexus of Tacoma bent over backwards to make us happy.

Best of Luck!

:angry: Lexus of Bellevue Sux big one.

I went there to negotiate IS350 and they jerk me around and around and finally .....

I had couple of cars to trade in and they jerked me around like I was a dumb.

I mean, we were negotiating the trade-in values and we were doing fine going back and forth.

Then after 3rd time salesman went to talk to the manager and came back $2,000.00 lower than the last negotiation plus no discounts from the MSRP. WTF? :angry:

Only way I could figure out is that, they have been jerking me around so much they knew when it comes to evaluation time from me, I will be slaming them big time. So, they didn't want to risk getting bad evaluation.

I went to Lexus of Seattle and got $500.00 more than Lexus of Bellevue's last offer on trade-ins plus discounts from the MSRP that made me feel 100% better so I got my IS350 from Lexus of Seattle.

I understand that demands on product drives price of products go up but I would not buy any products on MSRP. That is just BS. I rather wait until price cools down.

Anyway, I recomand to everyone of you and your family/friends not to go to Lexus of Bellevue.

Because they are such an Asshxle.

YEA. WHATEVER HAPPENDED TO THE CUSTOMER IS A KING?

Unfortunately some luxury car salespeople think if you're asking for money off the vehicle you can't afford it anyways, which is ridiculous. You did the right thing, send the GM of that dealership and Lexus corporate a letter telling them how you felt you were treated and had the IS not been such a good vehicle you certainly would not have become a Lexus owner.

Its not just about giving the customer what they want, its about doing business with class. If the dealer can't do a deal, then fine they can't do the deal but theres no excuse for them being dicks about it. I've had Lexus dealers tell me they cant do a deal and its fine, they say "Mr. Withrow, we're very sorry but we just can't let the car go at that price, we hope that our level of service and quality of our dealership will be enough to earn your business, but if not we understand". Thats totally fine, and to be honest I'd probabaly give them the business over saving a few bucks somewhere else because of it.

That dealer just lost a TON of money from you. Its estimated that a repeat customer is worth approximately $300,000 to a dealership in sales, service, and referrals over their lifetime.