99 Es Engine Dying

Hi everyone

I have a 99 lexus es300 and about once a week when i start the car it idles very low

at about 200 rpms or dies. This only happens when i drive the car a certain way.

let me explain: I drive the car about 10 miles to work, so it is fully warmed up.

I park the car, and after about four hours has passed i start it and move it a very short distance

where it does not have enough time to warm up. Then, about 30 minutes later, I leave

work and start up the car. It starts but idles at only about 200 rpms or less, or dies.

It stays like this until the car has fully warmed up.

This does not happen if i drive far enough to let the car warm up

[To work and from work to house, where where i fully let it warm up

and do not move it a short distance]

My diagnosis of the problem is as follows 1) The throttle body needs to be cleaned 2)Vapor lock takes place whenever i drive in that certain style 3) Or it needs a new idle control sensor

What could it be?

Please help, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

hey guys i have a 1999 ES300 i buy some throttle body cleaner from Walmart 3.40$ by CRC

Warm the car up open the air intake the rubber connectors going from the air filter be careful if you remove them completely the car will get too rich a supply of air and die

from a small opening put the spray in and shoot as much as you want i finish the whole can in it

now when you are spraying it in, the car again gets a rich supply of cleaning spray alchol ethanol etc so u have to give the car a tad bit more acceleration so it doent die

finish the can and it should help

in the 1999 you have the throtle body intake divided into two so you can take turns spraying in each one

hey guys i have a 1999 ES300 i buy some throttle body cleaner from Walmart 3.40$ by CRC

Warm the car up open the air intake the rubber connectors going from the air filter be careful if you remove them completely the car will get too rich a supply of air and die

from a small opening put the spray in and shoot as much as you want i finish the whole can in it

now when you are spraying it in, the car again gets a rich supply of cleaning spray alchol ethanol etc so u have to give the car a tad bit more acceleration so it doent die

finish the can and it should help

in the 1999 you have the throtle body intake divided into two so you can take turns spraying in each one

cool, as long as it is "sensor friendly".

It does say its O2 sensor safe catalytic convertor safe and also safe for coated throttle bodies and i ve used it a few times no problemooooo

its specifically called throtle body cleaner for fuel injected vehicles

by CRC in a red can

Dealer checked out my car and they said it was the idle control valve, but the throttle body itself also needed to be cleaned out. They want $270 for all of the work

Is this a fair price?

Depends on what you can do yourself.. Is the IVAC bad or need to be cleaned like the TB?