Wing Mirror Indicators

andy haw

There have been a few discussions about this on clublexus.com but I don't remember any here lately. This ebay store has signal mirror caps for all years of LS400's - here is the item for your 94: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-91-92-93...587410959QQrdZ1

I think the caps install with double sided tape - they just stick on.

The main issue I have read about mirror caps is that it is obvious they are caps after they are installed. But they are only $99 U.S. I remember seeing complete signal mirrors for the LS - not just caps - but they were far more expensive.

I have seen them stuck on and fibre glassed into the mirror housing.

Either way they do not look natural. It reminds me of the LX mirrors which is very big as they bulge out from the housing.

It would look nicer if you added just the led signal part and left the rest of housing to a little body filler and paint for a more factory look.

I have seen them stuck on and fibre glassed into the mirror housing.

Either way they do not look natural. It reminds me of the LX mirrors which is very big as they bulge out from the housing.

It would look nicer if you added just the led signal part and left the rest of housing to a little body filler and paint for a more factory look.

It would be the shiznit if one could integrate a signal into the mirror itself ( not on the glass, In the glass ). ;)

There have been a few discussions about this on clublexus.com but I don't remember any here lately. This ebay store has signal mirror caps for all years of LS400's - here is the item for your 94: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-91-92-93...587410959QQrdZ1

I think the caps install with double sided tape - they just stick on.

The main issue I have read about mirror caps is that it is obvious they are caps after they are installed. But they are only $99 U.S. I remember seeing complete signal mirrors for the LS - not just caps - but they were far more expensive.

Thank you all for the feedback,dont suppose you know where they were selling complete mirrors.

Thank you all for the feedback,dont suppose you know where they were selling complete mirrors.

Sorry but I do not remember who was selling the complete mirrors with the in-built indicators or even if they were for an LS400. They might have been for an LS430 or GS. There is an old, lengthy thread on clublexus.com about signal mirrors -- the thread may have links to sellors. I have also seen at least one post on clublexus.com about adapting Mercedes mirrors for use on Lexus cars. All these options were very expensive.

Doesn't your U.K. spec LS400 have side mounted indicators or is it an "import". It is very easy to add side turn signals to cars that do not already have them. I bought OEM side turn signals and the required repair harness from a U.K. dealer shortly after I bought my first LS in 1990. I had them professional installed by a body shop - total cost was probably less than $150.

Sorry but I do not remember who was selling the complete mirrors with the in-built indicators or even if they were for an LS400. They might have been for an LS430 or GS. There is an old, lengthy thread on clublexus.com about signal mirrors -- the thread may have links to sellors. I have also seen at least one post on clublexus.com about adapting Mercedes mirrors for use on Lexus cars. All these options were very expensive.

Doesn't your U.K. spec LS400 have side mounted indicators or is it an "import". It is very easy to add side turn signals to cars that do not already have them. I bought OEM side turn signals and the required repair harness from a U.K. dealer shortly after I bought my first LS in 1990. I had them professional installed by a body shop - total cost was probably less than $150.

Yes it does I have just changed the side repeaters to clear from orange to match the front clear indicators,makes a big improvement in looks.

It was just that if I could have got some decent signal mirrors at a decent price I would have liked them but its not the end of the world.

I would rather go without than have something that does not look right.