Rx-400 Sales Slowing

Well, that's a lot better than the 90-120 days for Ford Expeditions and Chev. Suburbans!

Yes, in the past two days I have seen instant delivery and special discounts in WA, Seattle area, and OR for the 2006 RX400h.

Actually, this is incorrect, sales are increasing.

Feb Sales: 1,803

March Sales: 2,470

The media generally don't report meaningful statistics. Days on lot does not directly relate to sales activity. Days on lot relates to both supply and demand, which both change to result in days on lot. Sales 'speed' can best be depicted by sales volume (the above numbers).

well something to account for the slow moving cars (if the article is true), its TAX TIME, lol. Cars always stay on the lot longer this season.

As for gas prices, HOLY %#$@, im paying 3.00 a gallon in san francisco. thats so rediculous.

well something to account for the slow moving cars (if the article is true), its TAX TIME, lol. Cars always stay on the lot longer this season.

As for gas prices, HOLY %#$@, im paying 3.00 a gallon in san francisco. thats so rediculous.

Actually no, car sales stay pretty strong through April.

I test-drove a Mazda 3 yesterday - great handling, quiet, only 16K with side air bags and power package, and rated 28/36. This may be my next 3rd car.

no i heard my friend say something who works at a car dealership that they give out the lowest prices because they want to sell the cars because people dont want to buy them at this time. but...w/e

I used to consult with car dealerships for a living, April isn't one of the slower months of the year. May is actually one of the better months because people use their tax refunds as down payments.

The absolute best month to buy a car is January, car sales hit an absolute low in January. July and August get pretty slow too.

Some more facts I stole from 1sicklex in another post...

The RX 400h sold 2,470 units. The newly revised INfiniti FX 35 and 45 didn't beat that in a month.

The Brand new from the ground up Mercedes ML sold 2,740 units last month, that is 350 AND 500 numbers. So with 2 models, they BARELY outsold the RX.

BMWs X5 with 3.0, 4.4 and 4.8 models, sold 2,462 units.

THe RX 400 is FINE, selling better than ever. Considering the COST of this SUV, this says a lot.

I love some facts

The reason August is a good month for Lexus is because of the promotional deals they run, same with December. You don't see the new models until September.

im sorry, what i meant was that the new cars would be coming in so they want to get rid of the old models to make room in august

im sorry, what i meant was that the new cars would be coming in so they want to get rid of the old models to make room in august

Hence the sale ;)

I love some facts

LOL, I know what you mean. I just love beating people over the head with facts when I know they're wrong (in case anybody hasn't noticed) ;)

it scares me to think they are selling soo many,,,that means that u wont stand out as much anymore,,,our vehicles are just going to be as common as a ford taurus or chevy malibu,,,,5 on every block

the good side of things,,it seems we made a good choice in our vehicle selection and that others believe the same,,

it scares me to think they are selling soo many,,,that means that u wont stand out as much anymore,,,our vehicles are just going to be as common as a ford taurus or chevy malibu,,,,5 on every block

Well not quite LOL, do you know how many Tauruses and Malibus are sold per month?