Tickling Noise From Is350?

I been hearing the tickling noise when I sit in my car when the car is completely stopped or under 5mph. Has anyone experience the same problem? I asked the sales who sold me the car and they told me they don't have any complain so far I wonder if I am too sensitive.

I been hearing the tickling noise when I sit in my car when the car is completely stopped or under 5mph. Has anyone experience the same problem? I asked the sales who sold me the car and they told me they don't have any complain so far I wonder if I am too sensitive.

If you look around, you'll find that this has come up in a few previous posts as well.

It's the sound of the direct injectors.

It's normal.

:)

If you look around, you'll find that this has come up in a few previous posts as well.

It's the sound of the direct injectors.

It's normal.

:)

Do you know if Lexus is aware of the problem? Because they don't seem to know the problem at all and I expect to drive a car without a noise when it's completely stop :(.

Do you know if Lexus is aware of the problem? Because they don't seem to know the problem at all and I expect to drive a car without a noise when it's completely stop :(.

I think you will find that Lexus/Toyota will not think it is a "problem". Apparently according to the other threads discussing this sound....it is the normal sound of direct injectors.

do what the rest of us do, turn up the stereo.

steviej

I think you will find that Lexus/Toyota will not think it is a "problem". Apparently according to the other threads discussing this sound....it is the normal sound of direct injectors.

do what the rest of us do, turn up the stereo.

steviej

Thanks Steve but I really wish they could somehow reduce the noise by putting something over :P.

Thanks Steve but I really wish they could somehow reduce the noise by putting something over :P.

They did.

Remove the flashing from around the engine.... it gets louder.

LOL

It is horrible! I wrote about it when I first came to this forum.

I want to drive a lexus and that means Quiet!

I could buy a subaro STI or a Mustang cobra or any other cheap fast noisy car but I bought Lexus mainly for the fact that it suppose to be a quiet car.

I hate the way it sounds when you stand by a wall and in my car garage, and I can feel the vibration from the ticking even when the stereo is loud.

If it doesnt bother you it means you came from a deifferent car into Lexus for the first time and you dont know how it feels to really drive a quiet Lexus.

The older models felt like they were off when it was idling. The engine was so quiet and it was awsome.

I want to hear the car when I hit the gas paddle but I want it quiet when I sit in the car with the AC and wait for a customer to show up.

I wish that would pass for Lemon law. Then I would go back to BMW 330 and pay a bit extra or buy a used M3 for the same price with low miles.

(Sorry, had to vent)

I don't hear it with the windows up. Maybe your car is missing some insulation or something. The only time I notice it is like going to a drive through with the window down and next to a wall. Maybe put some more insulation on the engine cover and put some dynomat under the hood and the side covers. I came from a IS300 and that inline six was very quiet at idle. The 350, however just doesn't bother me that much.

Back in the day they put hydraulic lifters in big V-8 engines. We changed the cams and put solid lifters to improve performance. The little ticking sound of the solid lifters and the lopint idle from the cam was a sign that you had a high performance engine.

I don't hear it with the windows up. Maybe your car is missing some insulation or something. The only time I notice it is like going to a drive through with the window down and next to a wall. Maybe put some more insulation on the engine cover and put some dynomat under the hood and the side covers. I came from a IS300 and that inline six was very quiet at idle. The 350, however just doesn't bother me that much.

Back in the day they put hydraulic lifters in big V-8 engines. We changed the cams and put solid lifters to improve performance. The little ticking sound of the solid lifters and the lopint idle from the cam was a sign that you had a high performance engine.

Thank you, I will try more insulation.

Now the car is in the dealer because there is noise that sounds like transmition.

The main technitian said he never heard it before so they are checking it.

I dont know, maybe I got a lemmon car.

My luck.

• 5 years later...

That ticking noise is Advance Technology at its best! :chairshot: I just recently worried too, I thought it was a serious engine problem! But did my research and apparently the fuel pressure in the system produces around 1000 p.s.i! The new Lexus's engines are direct injected meaning the injectors are just real close to the chamber. This technology improves power response and fuel mileage. That's why the car does a 13 sec quarter mile stock! :cheers: Next time someone asks you about the noise SMILE and say its a LEXUS!!!!!!