Trans Filter

todd332

I would like to install an External filter on my transmission line .. I read several posts about it and like the idea. My question is where can I purchase a New Trans Filter for my 92 lexus? Is there a certian diameter I need ? Brand I need ? Where do I purchase these ?

1. Do a SEARCH on "Transmission filter" and

2. PM member SKperformance for good advice on this one.

steviej

I did several searches , nothing really tells me where I can purchase one.Can they be bought at advance or auto zone? Or do i Search on e-bay? Another question is , what am I searching for? Is there a Certian kind I should buy that everyone else is using? If you have any good advice on what brand or where to purchase one it would be greatly appreciated . I would hate to buy and install the wrong after market filter and do damage to my trans. I would also like to say SKperformance has some really good advice when it comes to lexus. Keep up the good work SK.

thanks

Thanks everyone for the info. I ordered a filter following the posted link. After reading the posts and looking at pics , I assume I place the filter on the passenger side of the vehichle near the rear of the engine bay on the Bottom line? Or does it matter which trans. line it goes on?