1999 Es300 Cd Changer And Radio Question

Chaudary

I unhook my negative battery cable every 5-10k for up to an hour (in order to restore factory settings for the transmission) and have never had any problems. I read in the owners maunual that you may need a code if you disconnect the battery, but I've never needed one.

Can anybody please tell me if CD changer comes as standard in 1999 ES300 or is it optional ??

and does the radio automatically locks if the battery is disconnected for a certain time and how to unlock it.

TIA

CD changer as standard equipment in 1999 ES ? - don't know.

I have a 1993 ES300 which does require a code for the radio if the battery is disconnected - that is if the radio's "anti-theft deterrant" system is activated. It can be deactivated too so no code is needed after a power disconnect. Does the front face of your radio have a small flashing LED when the car is turned off? If it does, you'll prolly need a code. I'd check the owner's manual - it should tell you.

When I replaced my battery, the car was without power for about 30-60 minutes and the only thing I had to reset was the clock. No problems with the stereo or anything else.

I'm 99% sure that cd changers were standard in the 1999es. As far as a code goes you probably won't need one, But if you do I beleive it is the last 4 digits of your key code. Or is it the last 4 #'s in the vin# Either way you get 10 tries before you have to bring it in to get decoded.

• 10 months later...

Is there a connection for the CD changer other than in the back of the radio for 97 es300? The radio face says its CD ready...I have a changer I want to throw in...where do they mount it? I think Ive seen it mounted in the truck would that mean they have a connection back there or is it behind the radio? More than likely,

sn

Is there a connection for the CD changer other than in the back of the radio for 97 es300? The radio face says its CD ready...I have a changer I want to throw in...where do they mount it? I think Ive seen it mounted in the truck would that mean they have a connection back there or is it behind the radio? More than likely,

sn

I finally found an original sales brochure for my 2000 Es300 and it says that the 6-stack (in the glovebox) is an option.

Stephen

• 2 months later...

sn

I finally found an original sales brochure for my 2000 Es300 and it says that the 6-stack (in the glovebox) is an option.

Stephen

================

I have 99 ES300 without CD player/changer.

Can someone suggest me how to get one installed?

Where can I find it as Lexus dealer told me the parts are discontinued?

Can the CD player/changer fit in the glove box?

Can it play MP3?

Thanks a lot!

lmk

sn

Stephen

================

Can it play MP3?

Thanks a lot!

lmk

I'll see if I have one for you, Hold tight, I'll get back with you.

• 3 weeks later...

sn

Stephen

================

Can it play MP3?

Thanks a lot!

lmk

SO DOES THAT MEAN WE CAN JUST BUT THE CD CHANGER SEP. AND INSTALL THEM ON THE GLOVE BOX? I REALLY DONT WNAT TO REPLACE THE WHOLE RADIO. COZ I ALSO HAVE A 97 ES300 AND IT HAS THE CD FUNCTION BUTTON BUT NO ACTUAL CD PLAYER. THANKS.

• 1 month later...

sn

Stephen

================

Can it play MP3?

Thanks a lot!

lmk

SO DOES THAT MEAN WE CAN JUST BUT THE CD CHANGER SEP. AND INSTALL THEM ON THE GLOVE BOX? I REALLY DONT WNAT TO REPLACE THE WHOLE RADIO. COZ I ALSO HAVE A 97 ES300 AND IT HAS THE CD FUNCTION BUTTON BUT NO ACTUAL CD PLAYER. THANKS.

If that's the case, then it should work with a changer that should be able to mount in the glove compartment. I took out mine 2001 from the glove compartment. And yes the Face Head Unit does say CD option but it has a cassette slot, I'm assuming the 99 is the same. Thus, check for the connection in the glove box and it it is there, then you;re good to go.

Next, you'd have to find the code on back of Head Unit, looks like this 86120-33320. Call the dealer and find out which CD Changer will work. Mine is matched up with the Changer that has the numbers 86270-33040 on back of Changer.

• 16 years later...