My Hid 6000k From Superhids.com Installation And Experience

erix

finanlly, bought and received HID 6000K from superhids.com, the box is BOHMEN, but inside, only this:(see pic 1)

I know it should be like this00_1.jpg

yes it come with harness with relay, but the bulbs look and packed cheap, they were mailed from hongkong, and stated $85 each, so totally should be $190 include $20 for harness. hmmmmm, I paid $300 to superhids.com. there is even a chinese manual for harness and relay inside the package, so maybe this kit is actully an CHinese product? are they scam?

after I installed the hid, I changed parking light easily, but when I change side marker, the led doesnt fit in, I think the led is too long, it even falled into the inside of the light cover, I have no way to take it out from that small a hole, and there was even no room for my hand to move around the hole, thanks my wife's thin finger, she used bond aid to take it out in 30 mins.

so I gave up changing the side marker(maybe later when I buy a shorter one?)

the most important thing is, the light pattern, it is brighter, but, when I turn them on, in front of the car, there is a dark area between lightened area, and the dark area is very long, in another word, there almost no light between two bright area. my wife said it was like this before I changed the HId, but I didnt notice. anyone can confirm this? do they need a warm up ? or do I have to adjust to make the beam from two bulbs more concentrated?

anyway, I took about 4 hours to finish this,with two kids around(1 yr old and 2 yr old), and I am not very satisfied with superhids,

here are some pic during installation, a little bit different from that guys guide, since I beleive 03 is different from 04, some place that thread said changed by lexus, so no way to put the ballast in like he did for instance.

post-23265-1139554967_thumb.jpg

Nice write up but you paid 300 for a $200 taiwan Mc cullough kit.

None of the assembly is made in germany. I don't even think it gets boxed there if it came from China to you.

I did a research, and find your post last year(I didnt find it before placing order:( ), seems you got bad exp with superhids.com, how do u think of the light pattern? I will take a pic later so shouw you. thanks for reply!

I have no clue who super HID's is.

I only hate Mc cullough products and all of its divisions from that manufacture .

Your pics are huge though.

When you ask about the light pattern is there a picture i am missing? As i am not seeing one showing it.

Most retrofit kits look nice but the pattern will always be scattered compared to a original reflector or projector designed for it.

That being said i still love HID's ,which is why i have 3 sets in use.

thx my friend, just took some pics, I think something wrong with the focus, see, even the two side light shape are not same. but I dont remember I touched anything during installing, is that easy to mess up the focus?

if it is the focus problem, should I go to the service center to ask them to fix for me? they gotta charge on that ? just got 10000 mile check this monday.

_DSC3305.JPG

_DSC3306.JPG

_DSC3307.JPG

_DSC3308.JPG

_DSC3309.JPG

DSC_3310.JPG

The large shadow in the center of the beam is from the bulb being too far forward in the assembly.

Try holding the base and pulling it back and you will see it focus more centered.

There is no way to adjust them as the HID bulbs are longer and focus differently.

The large shadow in the center of the beam is from the bulb being too far forward in the assembly.

Try holding the base and pulling it back and you will see it focus more centered.

There is no way to adjust them as the HID bulbs are longer and focus differently.

thanks for reply, wow, you replied around 2 am!

I do remember I pushed alot to mount the new bulb in, so is that so easy to push and move the base into ? I thought they should be very firm. I will try to pull it out a little , and let you know the result. thanks@ have a nice weekend!

I just played around it, still no luck, I took another pic , have a look. is that ok for the stock bulb?

I tried to adjust the beam height, the ugly focus still there, there is no way to pull the bulb base out a little bit or push it in. it is very firm.

yes, the HId bulb's filament is backward a little bit than the stock one. about 2 mm ,

I wonder, if I buy a philips kit, maybe still like this?

DSC_3311.JPG

Erix,

Well, my friend you did not listen :) the lights don't look like 6000k from the pics at all... as far as the dark spot yes its there due to the projector housing... that's why the fog lights are there.... as far as the pattenr it looks odd, that probably to a poorly rebased bulb hence the light pattern. As far as Chinese ballasts, trust me they are crap, as one of mine just burned out after 1 month of use!!! And in addition to that the bulbs FAIL to work with my Philips Ballasts :( hence lesson learned... btw: stillenmaxima98 on ebay sells decent bulbs, give him a holler otherwise I have a guy who has REAL Ultionon HIDs from Philips with slim ballasts... he is n California, and his kits are better priced then anywhere else (same as Xenondepot). but I would leave the bulbs alone if you are happy with outoput.

I just played around it, still no luck, I took another pic , have a look. is that ok for the stock bulb?

I tried to adjust the beam height, the ugly focus still there, there is no way to pull the bulb base out a little bit or push it in. it is very firm.

yes, the HId bulb's filament is backward a little bit than the stock one. about 2 mm ,

I wonder, if I buy a philips kit, maybe still like this?

DSC_3311.JPG

There is going to be no way to adjust the beam pattern to not have the shadow . The projectors you have are just not made for HID bulbs to work efficently .

Changing to a different manufacture will yeild the same results as all bulbs will be longer than the halogen ones.

There is going to be no way to adjust the beam pattern to not have the shadow . The projectors you have are just not made for HID bulbs to work efficently .

Changing to a different manufacture will yeild the same results as all bulbs will be longer than the halogen ones.

so does it mean, my gx470 (2004|) is different from others?

SK allow me to disagree with you here... ERIX, GX470 has projector headlights and they work fine (if not better) for having HID bulbs in there. That being said it seems that the bulbs in the kit you have are poorly rebased and their beam pattern is not concetrated properly. You are getting the shadow of the bulb cap in the housing. Why? Probably due to the wrong bulb length being inside the housing (poorly focused beam). Return your HID set... get a decent set from of Philips-based kit... or talk to steillenmaxima98 on ebay... etc.

From other what?

For the last time Erix you do not have a projector made for HID's.

SK allow me to disagree with you here... ERIX, GX470 has projector headlights and they work fine (if not better) for having HID bulbs in there. That being said it seems that the bulbs in the kit you have are poorly rebased and their beam pattern is not concetrated properly. You are getting the shadow of the bulb cap in the housing. Why? Probably due to the wrong bulb length being inside the housing (poorly focused beam). Return your HID set... get a decent set from of Philips-based kit... or talk to steillenmaxima98 on ebay... etc.

From other what?

For the last time Erix you do not have a projector made for HID's.

I called them and wrote to them, no contact, so they are scum, no where to return I think, what should I do? I really want to buy from XD now, but what if the same problem>?will XD do RMA if that is my 470 problem>?

SK,

Erix's GX is just like everyone else's it is using the correct projector lens, I doubt very much that Lexus would change Erix projector on him. You do realize of course that there are many MANY people myself included who have upgraded to HIDs for the GX with no issues right and that we ALL have the same projectors? Our HID kits from XenonDepot and Proxenon(?) are plug and play with no adjustments necessary to the factory OEM projectors. Erix's problem most likely is due to one of the following:

1. Poorly re-based H11 bulbs (as Robinson stated here on this thread)

2. Erix received H8 bulbs instead of H11 (as stated in same thread at Clublexus)

Erix, let's hope you get an answer soon from your dealer shortly, let us know how this pans out...

-Alex

thanks my friends, your kindly reply make me feel much better, I will just forget about this $300 and this scum dealer, and order from XD later, if still the same prob, well, .....

but now, just wanna let everyone know, SUPERHIDS.COM is a scum for goolge key word search, hid xenon 6000k h11 h7 h8 h1 9005 9006 bulb review : cheaterr

From the pictures they do not look like proper HID projectors since the cutoff well, sucks. Even if they were installed incorrectly the cutoff would look WAY different. The beam battern and cutoff are all wrong; nevermind the major glare.

Also $300 is WAY over priced. You can buy a complete retro for $350 with phillips stuff.

Also I do not put much faith in XD either and I do agree with Sk here.

From the pictures they do not look like proper HID projectors since the cutoff well, sucks. Even if they were installed incorrectly the cutoff would look WAY different. The beam battern and cutoff are all wrong; nevermind the major glare.

Also $300 is WAY over priced. You can buy a complete retro for $350 with phillips stuff.

Also I do not put much faith in XD either and I do agree with Sk here.

I am kinda disapointed, so I'd like to try these non-hid bulb first, are they ok to just replace the bulb? have a look for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5800K-XD5-H...038937019QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-H11-XE...036589811QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAND-NEW-J...038669468QQrdZ1

thanks.

Erix,

Just my $.02 here, after you're experience with SuperHID, I didn't think you would want to a chance on ordering from a non trusted source again... :(

-Alex

thanks, but I have been shopping online for so many years,(from 1995), never got such big a scum, and I am afaid that no HID could fit into my low beam, so, wanted shop around for an alternation.