Car Security

i don't see tehm much in canada much

but in the the states like new york they are prevalent

i also know they are not that hard to break as the ball and spring can be drilled out easily as the chrome is only coving a little hole filled with lead solder that is easily drilled out

then it just falls out and the lock pops off

I actually have one. The only time that I use it is when I go into the city or am in a big parking lot (malls, movie theater, etc), or other high theft risk areas.

I don't use it for actual security, it is more for a visual deterent.

It is one more thing an honest/amature thief has to overcome. Before they can drive off on a joy ride. Truth be told, I actually forget to put it on sometimes because it is so infrequent that I use it.

Same for the vinscribing. It is another visual deterent, but some insurance companies offer a little discount for doing it.

If a pro wants your car, they will get it in seconds.

steviej

How does a pro beat the chip in the key to start your car? Like steviej said, "If a pro wants your car, they will get it in seconds." I didn't want an aftermarket alarm 'cause I didn't want an extra transmitter on my key ring and as it is I'm paying a lot for Auto Insurance, so let em take it if they're determined to steal it. ;)

This happened to a co-workers Nissan 280Z on an outdoor Westside New York City parking lot. A flatbed truck picked up his car that had it's alarm blaring and drove off. Everybody who saw what was happening just looked, but nobody did anything to catch these crooks! :pirate: