Love Lexus, Hate The Pricing Hassle.

My IS 350 should be in by the end of this week. Granite ext. / Black int. :D

Sticker was 44.4k fully loaded, and I'm getting the g-spider wheels as well (not in that price, of course).

The dealer gave me 2500 off for going through the internet department right off the bat.

Final price OTD for the 350 w/ everything plus g-spider wheels was 46,950, which includes 7.75% tax & lic.

Works out to around 3100 off the MSRP price (assuming wheels are typically around 2k). Sure, it's still like 2k over list, but beats paying MSRP!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anytime their is a demand for a particuler car and the supply is low the price sucks. Plain and simple it is called economics 101 the old law of supply and demand. I have fallen in that trap, but never again. I remember buying the VW Diesel 1978 for 2k over sticker price. What a beating. Car however got 50 mpg consistantly. Their are just too many choices that are out their where you can negotiate a better deal. From a long time of buying my recommendation is buy a two or three year old car and rake in the dough.

My daughter just bought a Sequoia 2003 loaded and with 20 inch rims with new tires for 25k out the door tax, license etc. By the way it rides better and has more bells and whistles than my wifes Lexus RX300 AWD. I figured she saved 15k by buying the three year old car, and it looks and drives brand new. I will admit it took us 4 hours of haggling to get that price. But she has a 54k 7year warranty which is better than my new Ford F150 truck, so she is way ahead. hope you all consider this when the new car virus hits you.

The Internet Sales Department is a great way to get a quick easy deal, thats how I bought mine and I'd do it again. The Internet Sales Manager makes his or her living by selling the cars at volume with very little work to do per unit, so they can give you a better deal.

Worked great, never even met the lady until I walked in to take delivery.

My daughter just bought a Sequoia 2003 loaded and with 20 inch rims with new tires for 25k out the door tax, license etc. By the way it rides better and has more bells and whistles than my wifes Lexus RX300 AWD.

It also cost $10,000 more new ;) The Sequoia's a nice vehicle, my folks had one for a while. The new Lexus LX is slated to be built off of the Sequoia.

That is true, the wait is a killer, but I wish I had this wisdom when I was a younger man, I certainly would have more money in my pocket, instead of theirs.

That is true, the wait is a killer, but I wish I had this wisdom when I was a younger man, I certainly would have more money in my pocket, instead of theirs.

Haha. If I had all the money I spent on new cars back in the day I'd be rich. :cheers:

Peronally I don't consider it money wasted when its something that brings me as much enjoyment as my car. There aren't a lot of things that I care about like a car, so I don't mind spending what some people would consider "wasted money" buying luxury cars or buying them new. No desire to own someone else's outdated car here, savings or not.

I AGREE WITH YOU 100 PERCENT!!!!

WE DONT TELL WOMEN ITS A WASTE OF MONEY WITH ALL THEIR STUPID DIAMONDS!!!

TALKING ABOUT WASTE OF MONEY (STUPID ROCK).

SOME EVEN COST MORE THEN OUR CARS.

SO LEAVE US ALONE ALL YOU OLD GEEZERS AND WOMEN THAT DO NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT OUR LOVE FOR CARS AND LET US ENJOY IT!!!

I AGREE WITH YOU 100 PERCENT!!!!

WE DONT TELL WOMEN ITS A WASTE OF MONEY WITH ALL THEIR STUPID DIAMONDS!!!

TALKING ABOUT WASTE OF MONEY (STUPID ROCK).

SOME EVEN COST MORE THEN OUR CARS.

SO LEAVE US ALONE ALL YOU OLD GEEZERS AND WOMEN THAT DO NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT OUR LOVE FOR CARS AND LET US ENJOY IT!!!

2 things to think about caraveli,

1. stop typing in all caps.....it is as if you are yelling and we are right here.

2. that "stupid rock" will hold it's value decades longer than your car will.

steviej

• 6 months later...

I wondered if anyone else had gotten Lexus dealers to go down any on the car below msrp. I decided that I am tired and have ordered a 425 HP Dodge Charger Hemi in black. Plus with the extra money I can mod the car some. Anyways, Really have enjoyed the forum and all the great feedback you guys have given!

Actually I was able to get my Dealer in FL down $2400!!