Question About Emblems

Does anyone know where I could find a set of those "smoked" chrome emblems? Ya' know, the ones that are sorta gray, rather than chrome. Or is there some way that I could do it to my chrome ones myself? A kit maybe? Either way, it'd have to be cheap! :D

They're called "Black Pearl" or "Black Chrome" emblems. The whole kit costs $380 from Lexus, not including installation but its easy to do it yourself. You can do better though, look around.

I'm still deciding whether or not to do these emblems, I'm afraid they'd get washed out on a dark car.

Shop around, there are many places to find black pearl emblems. My Lexus dealer quoted me $221 for the complete set for my 1996 ES. I was about to do them, but like SW03ES, I also felt they'd blend in too much on my black car.

Hey Lex.. Chris here... As you know, my baby is silver, and so when I rebadged it not so long ago I was in a mad problem as to what color to go for.... Should I go Gold or Silver, or dark badges?

After a long think about it, I decided to just sit and have a look around on other peoples cars.. Well as I am in Japan, there are not alot of Lexus's because they love their Toyota's here. .. Anyways, they still love their badges all the same... So I saw a few different Toyota Windoms(ES300) driving around and always looked at what color they were running....

So I saw a white Windom with the grey silver bottom, and it had the gold badges.. I thought,not bad for that color.. Then a few days I saw the white one with the chrome silver badges, and I couldnt tell it had badges on it.. Blended in.... Then while on the look, I saw a black Windom, and it had the silver badges.. I thought. Not bad.. It goes well with the chrome around the windows, and looks like its meant to be that color... I then saw a black one with the black emblems, and I really had to look up close to even see what it was.. It really didnt suite it.. I thought at the time.. What is the point of paying money, for something people cant admire?

Then, I actually finally saw a black ES Lexus, Not Windom.. It had the gold badges.. I thought ahh, finally a Lexus... But all I kept thinking was.. Are they made out of plastic?? I really thought he had hand made them.. The gold just looked strange.. The gold looks good on white...

As for me, you dont see many silver ES's or Windoms here, and so I decided that I wanted the car to look prestine, luxurious, and sporty.... The car is silver, and had chome trimming.. So I wanted to enhance the look, so decided to go with the chrome.. The next thing will be the chroming of the door handles and then the front grill.....

So what I am saying is, be proud you have a lexus, and advertise the fact with chrome!!.... Its really shiny and people look twice!

Ok now.. Who have I offended??? :blushing:

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

Chris; I'm goin with you on this one. Chrome definitely looks good with black, and it matches the windows, pinstriping and door handles on mine. Oh, and the grille. But best of all, it's free, b/c I already have them!!! :lol: Haha, anyhow, I like gold on the white, purpley-gray, plum and champagne colors, but not on black; too ghetto, I think. But hey, to each his own! :P