95 Speakers Help

About those three-way speakers; I blew one of the front speakers once and replaced them both with a set of nice Pioneer 6.5" 2 way speakers. It sounded like s@&t! :angry: This was because, as I found out, the front speakers (or the ones I replaced anyway) only recieve bass input, and so the speakers that I bought were basically useless for this application, because they weren't intended for the amt. of bass and lack of treble that the car was providing them. Since I installed my subs, I've been experiencing a major lack of treble, and was thinkin that replacing the stock 6x9's with 3-way Pioneers or Infinty's might fix my problem because of the built-in tweeters, but was wondering if it'd even be worth the extra cost for 3-ways if the rear speakers were set up the same way. Does anybody know about this??? :huh:

If I recall correctly the rear speakers do not receive a full range frequency response signal as they are for "rear fill" sound only. They are cut off below 70- 85 Hz and above 5 kHz so they are definitely a presence signal, similar to the old Dolby Surround without the benefit of time delay and phasing. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a rear speaker unless you can configure the signal to a full range 20 Hz to 20 kHz. I would just look for a Pioneer replacement and would replace both speakers so the sound will be consistent.

Yes the door woofer is bass only. I have been looking for a way to get that signal to a subwoofer, but to no avail.

Yes, well, the frequency response is low enough to provide a good input for my subwoofers, i.e., they have no "dead spots" in the frequency range. I just wonder if the frequency range for the 6x9's is limited because of the speakers themselves, or the actual input they recieve from the head unit...<_< Also, I wonder if you were to find a way to feed an amplifier the signal that the front woofers recieve from the stock amplifier, if the sound would be better than with the signal for the rear speakers....AND, would my 10" subs be able to reproduce sound at frequencies that low, b/c I hear that certain sizes have different frequency responses, as far as subwoofers go. I would imagine that they could though, b/c I doubt that the stock amp would put out anything the stock speakers can't reproduce, so I'm sure it'd work just dandy. Better quality too, perhaps....Wow, I feel like a stereo geek now!. :geek:

none of the speakers have any cut off

it is the way the amp is made to hadle only the original speakers which are full range also

they are very efficent, meaning they use little pwoer for their output

when you changed the speakers they now have less output and different audio frequencies

causing you to think it is not playin the full rnge but it is just not giving the same out put of the other frequencies

the front speakers are connected in wiring for the tweeters as well

so they create a 2 ohm line instead of the usual 4 ohm as the system is set up to handle this

10" Subs in the trunk? Wow! Are doing this a line level input or speaker level input?

For my 1993 ES 300:

I won't go into a lot of details, but an aftermarket audio dealer told me the amp under the passenger seat is for the door woofers only and the amplifiers built in the head unit are for the rear 6x9s and the front dash midrange and door tweeter. Is this true? To put subs in, I was told I would only need to take the door woofer signal and add a crossover and amp. I would like to add more bass. My old Honda Accord hatchback had a pair of Pyle Driver 10" subs mounted in a tuned enclosure and I miss the sound of real bass. I still have that enclosure and the 2x100 watt amp and crossover, but the Honda is long gone. If possible, I would like to put that sub setup in my ES. Is this possible?

sure its possible.if all you want to do is put a amp in with the subs just get the converter witch converts the speaker wires to rca jacks so you can plug them into the amp.you can tap into the speaker wires in the rear to do it.then just run a power cable and the remote line and your done.also the front door speakers are just low level.what i did was i bought the infinity kappa component 6 1/2 set and put them in.it sounded great!plus i added a amp.now i have a totally different set up that will take forever to write but it did sound great before.now i have tv and all them goodies.its time to start on the gs!got to get more money up first!

I did exactly what bbsal said; run the amp off the rear speakers. Only difference is, I didn't convert the wires to RCA's; just simply ran standard speaker wires from the speakers down to the amp and hooked those wires up to the high level input of my amplifier (mine came with this nifty little connector that enables you to use standard wires rather than RCA's). Works great! ;)

bbsal or any others

Just wondering how you set up your componet speakers. Did you take the signal from the head unit or the stock amp? Are you using a different amp to drive them or just the stock one? Also are the stcok speakers in the front in series for all three? I remember someone saying that they all recieved full range out sound, but also that their are cut off in the amp.

Thanks