'05 Headlight Condensation (again)

Grumpa72

So my annual safety/emissions inspection gets completed and the mechanic says "you have condensation in your rt front headlight". I immediately think of the prior reports where folks actually had dirt or abrasions on the lens. I looked at it and sure enough there is moisture in the headlight. One trip to the Lexus dealer, one new headlight assembly and one hour. and I am back in business.

Anyone else had this done under warranty? Sort of curious how this happens to one of the most reliable car around?

Gary

'05 RX

Actually I had both of my headlight assemblies replaced because of moisture condensation. After driving the vehicle for some 30 months, it just came from nowhere! But the dealer never asked any question and just replaced them — which made me think it's a regular occurrence!

All the headlights have the rubber vents ,but they do not help when the surrounding seal is broken.

Some cars can't remove the amount of moisture with the vents.

Remeber those little silca packets that come in leather bags and other good like electronics?

They are used to absorb moisture quickly , so if you put that in a headlight with moisture it will reduce it very fast and allow it to be vented out easier by the heating of the bulbs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had my '04 in for its 30K mile service and told the dealer she had noticed condensation in the headlight once. The dealer said "that's covered under warranty" and replaced it.

I had this problem with one head light and Lexus replaced both on my 04, no questions asked.

Just had my '04 in for its 30K mile service and told the dealer she had noticed condensation in the headlight once. The dealer said "that's covered under warranty" and replaced it.

I had this problem with one head light and Lexus replaced both on my 04, no questions asked.