8 Months Later

akewlguy

Hello Lexus friends. After 8 months I enjoy every day I am able to take the LS for a ride. The car is simply awesome! Since I am often driving a rental in a land far, far away... It's always exciting to drive the LS. Over the past two weeks I had five people tell me they love the 98 - 03 LS. It's actually a 93 so I always get a big laugh out of their iggnorance. Actually I did not have a clue before I came to this site so thank you.

Recently I purchased my BLIZZAKS and they are awesome! Car drives up hills and through the ice and snow like a plow. It really makes me feel a lot safer behind the wheel. My next challenge is the antenna (rebuilt with wrong antenna), dash (have the parts $10) and cd player ($260 bucks). I am so aggrivated with the Err on the cd player.

Since I have traveled from Europe, Puerto Rico to upstate Maine over the past year I get a lot of feedback about my LS. In Europe they were impressed with the big engine. I stated "It's a 4.2 liter." The fact is I am not sure of that, but its a big V-8. In Eastern Europe I did not see one LS. It was really amazing.

As I have stated from the start it seems people react differently to the LS. Cars in the passing lane actually pull over when I get behind them. People let you go first at the stop signs, although you are on the left. Normal people constantly say "wow nice car. Nice LEXUS and other compliments." It's common for me to strike up a conversation with a General or Executive to talk about our LS's. Every owner I know (18 - 70 years old) only say great things about the LEXUS.

As for maintenance over the past 8 months there has been very little. Doing 90 and raising the antenna resulted in the cable breaking. The dash lights have the common problem that will be fixed within the next month or two. Basically oil change, lube the underside and a few filters is all that has been done. This week I will get the belts changed and a radiator flush. As everyone from this club tried to express to me "this car is built to last to 300k."

Many of my friends have everything, but Lexus. They state they have issues and it's expensive to repair. A few members of my family stated "don't buy a car over 10 years old or you will regret." Well now everyone loves to ride in the ultra smooth LS. The ride is better then 99% of the cars on the market today. I say this with experience of driving about 40 rentals last year. Everything from trucks, coups, Avalon, Ford, Mustang, Celica, Dodge, Lincoln, Mazda's, MB's, Jags and SUV's. Lexus is the best.

Well this is just some info for the new and just a review of my experiences for the old. Thanks to you and long live the LS.

I agree with your feelings about your 93ls. I bought my 93ls in early november. And think this car is fantastic. I've had many american cars, a muscle car ( 68 Chevelle 396, modified ) in the early 70's. after it was stolen. I bought my first non american car and the start of my love affair with quality cars. The early 70's 2002 BMW's.

but now it is Lexus for me.