Venting On Latest Problems

Rx330driver

I recently got my car tuned up at the lexus dealership...Lexus of Serramonte for those who live in san francisco. I love that place, no complaints. Problem 1 is that the backlight on the front seat heaters is out and the guy said that they dont have a bulb replacement for this part and that the entire seat heater knobs (the whole thing) needs to be replaced. They had to order it for me, do u think this is covered under warranty? (2004 lexus rx330). Second, this happened near the end of december, and now my maintenance required light is on. Do u think they just didnt reset that timer? How do i do it myself...tho i would like to bring it back, im not a DIY kinda guy. First time this happened to me, but how forgetful :angry:

The seat heater part will be covered under warranty, and its very common that the backlights are imbedded in that sort of thing. The Maint. Req light (I hate that thing and am thrilled my 03 doesn't have one, the Prius does. Its totally stupid) can't be deactivated by you, the dealer needs to do it with their computer module.

And as for tuneup you do mean just a required maintenance right? Unless yours has 75-100k miles it doesn't need a tuneup.

The seat heater part will be covered under warranty, and its very common that the backlights are imbedded in that sort of thing. The Maint. Req light (I hate that thing and am thrilled my 03 doesn't have one, the Prius does. Its totally stupid) can't be deactivated by you, the dealer needs to do it with their computer module.

And as for tuneup you do mean just a required maintenance right? Unless yours has 75-100k miles it doesn't need a tuneup.

errr, by tuneup i mean oil change...every 5 thousand miles. I prefer to follow the lexus schedule...and to go to a lexus dealer. Im just like that, dont trust anybody else who isnt a lexus person :whistles: That maintenance thing goes off every 6 thousand...as a reminder. The latest "tune up" was for 40 thousand. Its now 41K. Oh and i didnt get a loaner car. He said he ordered the part, and that they will install it in my next "tune up" which supposedly according to the sticker to be in june...but i usually beat that

Edited by Rx330driver

If you are talking about the maintenance required reminder at the bottom of the speedo it can be turned off easily by the owner. my dealer didnt reset it either after my oil changes. the more irritating thing is if you dont reset it you get the solid red triangle with the exclamation point that wont go away.

First make sure your display is reading just the actual miles on the car. With the gear in park turn the ignition to 'on'. (dont start the car) then push in the rectangular odometer reset button to the left of the steering and hold it. You will see the numbers on the dash turn to lines, when it is all lines you are reset.

If you are talking about the maintenance required reminder at the bottom of the speedo it can be turned off easily by the owner. my dealer didnt reset it either after my oil changes. the more irritating thing is if you dont reset it you get the solid red triangle with the exclamation point that wont go away.

First make sure your display is reading just the actual miles on the car. With the gear in park turn the ignition to 'on'. (dont start the car) then push in the rectangular odometer reset button to the left of the steering and hold it. You will see the numbers on the dash turn to lines, when it is all lines you are reset.

Errr, does this reset my odometer too? cause im very picky about that. lol. I might as well just bring it in becuase they gotta install my backlight

I've been going to Lexus of Serramonte for many years. They have a very friendly & knowledgeable staff. RX330driver, who do to see in service? I been using Gary for quite a while, he's why I keep bringing my car back there for service. Gary is the epitome of customer service.

OMG I GO TO GARY TOO!!! HE IS SOOOO NICE! been with him for like 10 years! haha. Man, he is too cool and this is a small world. My wife and daughter brings their car to him. Hes always bowing to them, lol. well said, epitome is not an exageration

Edited by Rx330driver

Errr, does this reset my odometer too? cause im very picky about that. lol. I might as well just bring it in becuase they gotta install my backlight

No it only resets the maintenance required warning. I have personally done it as have others on their toyota and lexus vehicles its a common problem.