Ski Racks For Ls400

nevadarick

does anybody know of an LS 400 that can make it up the mountain? j/k

Depends what kind of mountain :) After all, you dont have to drive onto the top of a moutain to ski. You just get to the bottom of a mountain and take a ski lift. My 99LS gets around ski areas in Colorado just fine(winter tires are a must)

Depends what kind of mountain :) After all, you dont have to drive onto the top of a moutain to ski. You just get to the bottom of a mountain and take a ski lift. My 99LS gets around ski areas in Colorado just fine(winter tires are a must)

Cubby, Do you have a ski rack that fits your LS400?

you'll need these clips and then the racks.

http://store.yahoo.com/orsracksdirect/yaki...b-car-rack.html

RF:

You are to be commended, it's very nice of you to offer this information.

And when I ask this, I do so with respect & tongue thoroughly buried in cheek...............

How is the skiing in Louisiana?........

You could consider a magnetic ski rack like the one on this web page: http://www.rackattack.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?search=yes

I've never used one but a magnetic rack would prevent compressing and damaging the rubber door seals.

I've had several roof ski racks, including a Yakima that is still in my basement, and always thought the worst aspect was the wind noise - not bad for a few miles but awful to put up with when driving 675-800 miles (one-way!) to Colorado several times a year like we did.

If I ever go back to driving to Colorado instead of flying or going on a Kansas City Ski Club sleeper bus, I might try mounting a ski rack on a hitch mounted bike rack to see if I could literally put the noise behind me.

I always thought it was odd that a ski rack was available as an official accessory from Lexus dealers in the U.K. and Europe throughout the 1990's but never in the U.S.

:lol: Oh now that's just too good to pass up. You gotta admit Rf, that's pretty good! :lol:

That depends...water skiing I hear is great, except for that occasional 140 mph crosswind.. Not too sure about the snow skiing...guess that just depends on how much you had to drink at Martigras.

LOL...Good observation Threadcutter :cheers:

I gotta' apologize, I just couldn't pass it up......................

RF probably carries water skiis or boogie boards.......something along those lines.

Hmmm......I might need a rack to carry my Fly Rod(s)...............

when driving 675-800 miles (one-way!) to Colorado several times a year like we did.

If I ever go back to driving to Colorado instead of flying or going on a Kansas City Ski Club sleeper bus, I might try mounting a ski rack on a hitch mounted bike rack to see if I could literally put the noise behind me.

Amen to that! I've done that drive across I-70 from KC myself....it sucks! You always know you're coming up to a town when you start seeing bill boards for Dairy Queen and a Chineese Restuarant.

Amen to that! I've done that drive across I-70 from KC myself....it sucks! You always know you're coming up to a town when you start seeing bill boards for Dairy Queen and a Chineese Restuarant.

You always know you're coming up to a town when you start seeing bill boards for Dairy Queen and a Chineese Restuarant.

Yep, from about 183 miles out.............................

You could consider a magnetic ski rack like the one on this web page: http://www.rackattack.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?search=yes

I've never used one but a magnetic rack would prevent compressing and damaging the rubber door seals.

I've had several roof ski racks, including a Yakima that is still in my basement, and always thought the worst aspect was the wind noise - not bad for a few miles but awful to put up with when driving 675-800 miles (one-way!) to Colorado several times a year like we did.

I always thought it was odd that a ski rack was available as an official accessory from Lexus dealers in the U.K. and Europe throughout the 1990's but never in the U.S.

I just recently learned of the magnetic racks. Have you actually seen one installed? Did you try to pull it off or slide it around? If it stays in place I think it would be a good idea.

Yes, I have seen more than one magnetic ski rack in use. No, I never tried to tear one off a car. But they must stay on pretty well if they don't come off at highway speeds and with skis vibrating in heavy winds in the mountains.

I once saw a display in a ski shop where customers were encouraged to try to remove a magnetic rack from a section of a car top.

Cubby, Do you have a ski rack that fits your LS400?

No, I don`t have a rack on mine. I put the skis inside(don`t like doing it very much, although I do use a ski sack)and my snowboard fits into the trunk.

Edited by cubby