2008 Chrysler Imperial

CanadaCraig

Hi Everyone!! :)

As rumour has it - a Chrysler Imperial Concept will be at the Detroit Auto Show in January of 2006.

If you click on THIS you can see some of what MotorTrend Magazine's February 2006 issue believes to be renderings OF the new Imperial. Notice the suicide doors.

Would such a car be a success - do you think?!

Craig!! :)

PS I've always loved Imperials - so I for one hope it ends up being made.

I think it would work! That thing looks coooool! I like where Chrystler is going these days with their designs. They're definetly ahead of the game in design if you ask me. I'm not so sure about the coupe though, kind of looks like the new mustang, just beefier....sort of reminds me of the Dodge Charger in the Dukes of Hazzard.

Of course you throw in a Hemi, and I'm sure it'll be freakin' awesome! My uncle has one of those new 300C with the hemi and all the toys...pretty nice! It will definetly scoot on down the road.

I'm sure it will work for them. As MT indicated inthe article, the 300C has been embraced as a "poor man's Bentley" and I am sure that the 300C clientelle would just migrate over to the Imperial.

Personally I am not a fan of the 300C (although I do like the charger), but the Imperial looks much more refined in those pictures.

I guess the pairing w/ MB has done something positive for Chrysler - too bad you can't say the same for Benz.

I agree completely..Chrystler won on that merger for sure. Although MB did learn how to streamline their manufacturing to get the vehicle prices back into market play..but it cost in quality. MB should have asked Toyota to teach them how to streamline the process instead of chrystler..then they would have hit the bullseye. But for chrystler....sucess

Eh. It'll sell I'm sure.

I wasn't a fan of box styling in the 80's growing up, I'm not a fan of the box styling in the 00's. The way I see is I not only think that type of styling is ugly, but it's cheap. Damn it the technology is there to form steel & aluminum into fluid, aerodynamic shapes, but remain astetically aggressive.

I see a lot of 300C's on the road, but I have a hard time telling how they're selling. To me, they're so fugly they stand out huge. LoL!

MB got the !Removed! end of the deal obviously.

MB got the !Removed! end of the deal obviously.

Hi Toysrme!! :)

I couldn't DISAGREE more.

Here's a quote...

"Led by unique products like the Chrysler 300 and Chrysler PT Cruiser, and innovative, exclusive features like Stow 'n Go minivan seating, the Chrysler brand is experiencing the best year in its history. With November sales of 49,917 units and 597,085 units year-to-date, the Chrysler brand surpasses the total sales for 2004 of 588,891 units and represents a 10 year growth of 126 percent for the brand."

Click on

THIS to read the rest of the story.

It hardly sounds to me like the !Removed! end if ANY deal.

I understand what you're saying about 'style' - however - but I think the road is plenty big enough for cars of ALL shapes and sizes and STYLES. The 300 appeals to some people [myself included] because it LOOKS like a car. It's what I remember [as a kid] a car being. It's big, square and has an imposing face. It's a refreshing change [i say] from the Camry's and Accords that we see over and over again every time we leave the house. Another reason [of many] that many people like the 300 [i think] has to do with how it makes one FEEL when driving it. People feel SAFE in a Chrysler 300. And it has nothing to do with whether or not the 300 is a safer car than some other cars [even though it's certainly as safe as most cars] it FEELS safe. The high door sills give the impression that the cabin is less likely to be penetrated during an accident. It's the same sort of impression people often get when driving a large SUV. Perception is truth - don't forget.

That all said... I can't help but think that the idea of stealing something from Rolls Royce and doing it with a Chrysler probably appeals to Mercedes on a not-so-nice level. [if you know what I mean]

Yep, Chrysler is the only American automaker that can boast of any good news these days. Although I'll never buy another GM product after some customer service issues with GM Corporate back in the 1990s, I really feel for their employees. Ford faces a relatively bleak future as well.

Canada Craig is right on the money about perception. I find the 300C a handsome, aggressive-looking vehicle and I understand its appeal and success. In my opinion, there are some butt-ugly Lexus designs out there that look more like rolling baked potatoes than automobiles....

If it doesn't have the tail lights, it won't be an Imperial.

Hi bartkat!! :)

That's a beautiful Imperial.

I would love for the new Imperial to look like the Imperial Eagle Super Coupe dreamed up by Virgil Exner, Jr. It was designed to compete with the Cadillac '16'. Take note of the taillights AND the engine!! Now THAT'S an Imperial!! I especially like the front end.

Click on THIS to see it for yourself.

Given that you STILL can't just walk into a dealer and buy a 300C off the lot, I'm sure it'll sell well as those people will need something to move up into.

I love the style of the 300C, but the interior still doesn't do anything for me. I'd miss the style of the Lexus, otherwise I might have bought one.