Is It Possible To Request All Services Done To My Lexus?

LexKid630

I'm having a little trouble with something eletrical in my rx300 (in another post) and was wondering a few things...

When i bought this rx300 (CPO) last june, the carfax report stated that there was an "eletrical" issue. When i asked the dealer i bought it from (Ira Lexus in MA.) they told me it had something to do with the drivers seat?? Everything was working at the time so i didn't care...

A few months ago there was a problem when starting the car (it would make a lound grinding noise as if holding it in the start pos. too long). And now my battery is dead... Could THIS be related to what carfax was saying?

Is it possible for Lexus to tell me if this car was EVER at Lexus for a fix of some kind? Is all that stuff recorded somewhere? I'm the second owner, does that matter? It's an 03 rx300 36,000 mi.

Thanks for your help!

I'm having a little trouble with something eletrical in my rx300 (in another post) and was wondering a few things...

When i bought this rx300 (CPO) last june, the carfax report stated that there was an "eletrical" issue. When i asked the dealer i bought it from (Ira Lexus in MA.) they told me it had something to do with the drivers seat?? Everything was working at the time so i didn't care...

A few months ago there was a problem when starting the car (it would make a lound grinding noise as if holding it in the start pos. too long). And now my battery is dead... Could THIS be related to what carfax was saying?

Is it possible for Lexus to tell me if this car was EVER at Lexus for a fix of some kind? Is all that stuff recorded somewhere? I'm the second owner, does that matter? It's an 03 rx300 36,000 mi.

Thanks for your help!

If the work was done at a certified lexus dealer any lexus dealer will be able to pull all past service work that has been done to your vehichle.You could call on the phone giving them your vin number and ask any lexus dealer and say you are planing to bring it in for service there and would like to know its history.

Maybe the electrical harness going to the seat has a frayed wire, possibly shorting something when in a certain position. Could even be the tilt motor harness rubbing. The seat would have to be dissassembled to locate this kind of problem

Maybe the electrical harness going to the seat has a frayed wire, possibly shorting something when in a certain position. Could even be the tilt motor harness rubbing. The seat would have to be dissassembled to locate this kind of problem

I'm going to let the dealer figure it out for me. I can't believe this is happening on my rx300. EVERY rx300 i have EVER owned has had problems LOL

No matter what dealer you take your Lexus to, you can pull the entire service history of the vehicle. That is saying that the vehicle was serviced at Lexus.

For what it's worth, when my dealer gave me the service history on the car I'd bought, they said they couldn't print it out, so they read it to me and I had to take notes. Odd, but at least I got it.

No matter what dealer you take your Lexus to, you can pull the entire service history of the vehicle. That is saying that the vehicle was serviced at Lexus.

For what it's worth, when my dealer gave me the service history on the car I'd bought, they said they couldn't print it out, so they read it to me and I had to take notes. Odd, but at least I got it.

I got my service history thru email.

I got my service history thru email.

How did you get it through e-mail? Did you call a specific phone number? Could you provide the details?

When I went to the service department of the Lexus dealer that performed the maintenance for over four years on the RX I later bought, they would not print me out a list of the history of the vehicle. As in a previous mention, the service rep just read it to me, but refused to give me anything in writing. Again, this was from the dealer where the car was originally purchased, where all servicing was completed and, specifically, the rep that knew this car and the owner prior to my purchasing it. He wouldn't help me at all.

Thanks.