Lexus December To Remember Sale

Lexdiamonds

You can get some good lease deals. As for sale prices, I bet you can beat any December to Remember deal in January.

I'm not real impressed with any lease deal I've ever seen from Lexus (see comparison below). Given the claims that Lexus makes about great resale values, the leases ought to be better. To be fair, BMW and Mercedes also offer terrible lease deals.

For a 2006 IS (auto), based on $3 K cap cost reduction, I get:

24 months $396 per month

36 months $373 per month

48 months $383 per month

60 months $372 per month

First, note the odd time behavior. Normally, you'd expect that the price would decrease steadily as the length of contract goes up. In this case, the 60 month is the same as the 36 month - and 48 month leases cost more than 36 months.

For comparison, let's look at my wife's Volvo V70 wagon. This had a similar MSRP to the Lexus and my cap cost reduction was lower (about $2,500 IIRC). The monthly payment is $292.

I'd have a hard time justifying the lease rates on a Lexus - unless you were planning to buy the car at the end of the lease. The above suggests that they have a lower residual than the Volvo.

I went in last year to lease an ES330 and it was cheaper for me to go with a 42 month lease rather than a 48 month lease. I have no idea where they get their numbers from. I guess it is just the lease program and the way it is structured. 3000 cap reduction cost would probably run you about 4500 out of pocket with the fees. that is expensive. If you went with no money down and just fees you can probably get the IS250 around 450. Is there a way to just pay the first monthes payment and roll all the other fees such as security and other fees into the monthly payment. When they say no money down, it really means only fees which is like 1500 down to me.

Well a 42 month lease will always be cheaper than a 48 month because its a discount lease.

39 month, 42 month, 51 month leases are all discount leases because the mileage totals are factored around calendar years.

So, on a 36 month lease with 15k miles per year (45k total miles) you'd be able to drive 1250 miles a month.

On a 39 month lease with 15k miles per year (45k total miles) you'd be able to drive 1154 miles a month.

On a 42 month lease with 15k miles per year (45k total miles) you'd be able to drive 1071 miles a month.

So of course, 39 and 42 month leases will be less than a 48 month lease. With a 48 month lease you get an extra 15,000 miles and be able to drive 1250 miles per month, same as the 36 month lease.

jragosta is right though, 36 should be more than 48 which should be more than 60.

December is a great. You have great programs and dealers are always looking to finish the year strong. Most dealer do almost 2x more cars in Dec. then any other month. August is the next best. The residuals drop next month and the rates will continue to rise. And Im sure you guys are aware of the pricing, the discounts are deep .

The good news if you do find the Lexus deal that you were looking for , you can delay delivery until early Febuary and keep the payment the sameas long as you are approved by Jan 3rd. Bank programs and discounts will vary based on availabilty. The banks do not lend extra support on the cars in very low supply i.e. 06 IS. You do have a great residual value on it because of the high demand. So a IS deal this month at a $1000. discount is the equivalant of waiting until the demand is less because the residual will be less as well. Meaning your payment will probably be the same and you missed out on driving a great car for a few months. Probably won't see a cheaper IS deal until August.

Hello everyone. Wife and I just came home with two new cars. ES330 and a Rx400h. Love them both. Both cars were discounted, so I believe in the December to remember sale. Hope this forum is as helpful as the corvette forum I was a member of (sadly the vette is gone). The best help I believe comes from these forums.

Personal leases remain a personal financial disaster. Leases that can be written off as a business expense are not all that much better. Corporations in sound financial condition do not lease anything at all.

This article on Yahoo Finance provides quite an accurate overview: http://biz.yahoo.com/pfg/e16buylease/

Personal leases remain a personal financial disaster.  Leases that can be written off as a business expense are not all that much better.  Corporations in sound financial condition do not lease anything at all.

This article on Yahoo Finance provides quite an accurate overview:  http://biz.yahoo.com/pfg/e16buylease/

Blanket statements like that are usually wrong.

While leasing doesn't make sense in lots of cases, there are cases where it makes sense. For example, my wife got a new Volvo V70 wagon on a 3 year lease for $292 per month. My brother bought a new Volvo V60 sedan at about the same time - on a 5 or 6 year loan.

Let's say my brother pays off his car and keeps it for 9 years, then it has a fairly modest resale value. My wife will get a new car every 3 years. Even after allowing for the resale value my brother's car will have, my wife will not have spent much more over the 9 year period than him -and she'll get 3 new cars rather than one.

There are other situations where they make sense, as well.

Granted, leases make the most sense with cars that have very high resale value, but there are clearly cases where they do make sense.

Personal leases remain a personal financial disaster.  Leases that can be written off as a business expense are not all that much better.  Corporations in sound financial condition do not lease anything at all.

This article on Yahoo Finance provides quite an accurate overview:  http://biz.yahoo.com/pfg/e16buylease/

Blanket statements like that are usually wrong.

While leasing doesn't make sense in lots of cases, there are cases where it makes sense. For example, my wife got a new Volvo V70 wagon on a 3 year lease for $292 per month. My brother bought a new Volvo V60 sedan at about the same time - on a 5 or 6 year loan.

OK! I am looking into a new es330 and was wondering if I may ask what kind of deals you received on tour cars? How much off sticker would be great or tell me your 330 was $37,000.00 and what you got it for . I would really like to know what to expect as I have been out of the new car scene for quite awhile... thanks. :cheers::cheers:

Let's say my brother pays off his car and keeps it for 9 years, then it has a fairly modest resale value. My wife will get a new car every 3 years. Even after allowing for the resale value my brother's car will have, my wife will not have spent much more over the 9 year period than him -and she'll get 3 new cars rather than one.

There are other situations where they make sense, as well.

Granted, leases make the most sense with cars that have very high resale value, but there are clearly cases where they do make sense.