Fm Reception '06 Is350

I bought a Tungsten Pearl IS350 with sterling interior a couple of weeks ago. Great car for the most part - much better put together than my 2000 GS400 - and faster too.

I do have one problem that I never had in 3 previous Lexus models - there is static on some strong FM radio stations in my area. I've never experienced static from my older Lexuses in the exact same areas.

Dealer says that there's nothing wrong - although I highly doubt the technicians took the car on a ride further than around the block. The technicians explanation: "static in some areas could be a result of radio stations changing frequencies and/or signals. Radio stations changes frequency often."

As far as I'm concerned, that explanation is ridiculous. I have no confidence in this dealer (Lexus of Towson). My previous dealer (Len Stoler Lexus) had a much better service department. (Both dealerships have the same owner - the new dealership is only open for about a year or so)

Anyone have any similar problems? Any suggestions?

I have experienced poor radio reception when the back window has been tinted with a metallicised tint.

I get great reception (stock IS 350 radio...not ML) here in Silicon Valley. The radio seems to handle noise / poor signals very well.

My previous car (Audi TT) was much more sensitive to static / noise.

My radio works fine. It gets better reception than the one on the IS300 did, especially here in the mountains. I was able to stay on the same station listening to Rush Limbaugh for almost 3 hours traveling though northen Tenn and Ky a few weeks ago.

My radio works fine.  It gets better reception than the one on the IS300 did, especially here in the mountains.  I was able to stay on the same station listening to Rush Limbaugh for almost 3 hours traveling though  northen Tenn and Ky a few weeks ago.

Rush Limbaugh? I thought you said you didn't get noise :P

I wasn't static.  Was cruising along at about 75 MPH. :cheers:

that was good. :cheers:

sj

I would say that if it was on all stations all the time then you have a problem, But if you experienced it once or in a certain area then there is nothing wrong with the audio in the car.