Advantages Of A New Battery

91L3xus

pancake_bunny.jpg

After scrolling though posts of "dependebility/reliability" jousts, I've just decided to wait until after my safety inspection Friday so really see if getting a new battery is worth it.

But thanks to those who actually had some input towards my original question. :blink:

Quote: "am not willing to spend money"

I wouldn't replace a battery if it is doing it's job and you are out of work just to improve your sound! I also may be the odd man out here but I have gotten good life with no problems out of Wal-Mart's batteries in my other cars here in Chicago and for $40 you can't go wrong. And although I wouldn't pay the Dealer's price for a new Lexus battery, I had my existing Lexus battery go out at about 36 months and the Lexus warrented replacement cost was only $42.50 - not a bad deal at all. Haven't tried the Optima but they sound like the best - just not sure if the price is justified.

pancake_bunny.jpg

After scrolling though posts of "dependebility/reliability" jousts, I've just decided to wait until after my safety inspection Friday so really see if getting a new battery is worth it.

But thanks to those who actually had some input towards my original question. :blink:

as far as the battery. It only starts the car, then the alternater provides the current for the electrical system. If your battery is slow to charge or dosen't hold a full charge your alternator may be unabe to provide proper current for the entire car. While trying to recharge the battery. You may want to have your alternator checked for proper output also.

pancake_bunny.jpg

That picture just made my day! :lol::lol::lol: :D Classic!

:cheers:

93ls400walt

While true, you have to have a battery in good condition for a car to run. Simply put, no alternator can put out enough at low RPM to run a car reliably. Even most high output / rewound alts don't gain more than 20-30% over stock for that first 1/3 of the rpm range.