Dealer Says Not To Use Cdr's

spr1nt

i have a 2004 rx330 that needed the 6 disc cd changer to be fixed because it was giving error messages and wouldnt eject any of the cds. when i brought it to the dealer he said that the problem was most likely caused by the recordable cdrs that i used for my music and that i shouldnt use them anymore or else this problem would happen again. has anyone else ran into this problem? what sucks is that most of my music is on recordable cds. :(

Your right, I have hear do not use the stick on labels because they can become frayed or loose and get caught up inside the CD player and Jack it all up---So take off alll your pretty labels on your CDR's

They do have new stuff that actually burns the labels on the CDR's now...$$$ have not seen any yet though

Your right, I have hear do not use the stick on labels because they can become frayed or loose and get caught up inside the CD player and Jack it all up---So take off alll your pretty labels on your CDR's

They do have new stuff that actually burns the labels on the CDR's now...$$$  have not seen any yet though

Yeah, You shouldn't have any problems using cd-r's. The stealer is full of it. <_<

I have a problem with CDs sticking from time to time in my '05 and generally it is CDRs, but I never use labels ... a little push and they'll generally eject.

what do you mean by push? when i had the problem, i couldnt find anyway to get access to the changer. also, thanks everyone for the replies. i too thought this was bs when the dealer told me about the problem. ill go back to using cdrs and hope the problem doesnt come up again.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a 2004 rx330 that needed the 6 disc cd changer to be fixed because it was giving error messages and wouldnt eject any of the cds. when i brought it to the dealer he said that the problem was most likely caused by the recordable cdrs that i used for my music and that i shouldnt use them anymore or else this problem would happen again. has anyone else ran into this problem? what sucks is that most of my music is on recordable cds. :(

I have a 2003 IS300 with the same exact problem. My friend John's LEXUS IS300 and my friend Katies IS300 all have had the same problem with the 6 CD Changer. It would not eject or load any of the CD's and kept giving error messages. We all had to bring the car back to the LEXUS dealer to have the problem fixed. It costs $400.00 just to have it fixed. I figured for that price I'd just by a new one but that cost $1,600. Its definitly an all LEXUS problem

I have a problem with CDs sticking from time to time in my '05 and generally it is CDRs, but I never use labels ... a little push and they'll generally eject.

what do you mean by push? when i had the problem, i couldnt find anyway to get access to the changer. also, thanks everyone for the replies. i too thought this was bs when the dealer told me about the problem. ill go back to using cdrs and hope the problem doesnt come up again.

Generally I can see the edge of the CD and I'll just press in a little and it seems to catch and ejects it ... at least a little bit so I can grab it.

• 1 year later...

I have a 2003 IS300 with the same exact problem. My friend John's LEXUS IS300 and my friend Katies IS300 all have had the same problem with the 6 CD Changer. It would not eject or load any of the CD's and kept giving error messages. We all had to bring the car back to the LEXUS dealer to have the problem fixed. It costs $400.00 just to have it fixed. I figured for that price I'd just by a new one but that cost $1,600. Its definitly an all LEXUS problem

My 2007 RX 350's cd changer wouldn't always eject cds so they replaced it....the new one worked a couple days now it won't accept cds. go figure!

Sounds like Cr*p tp me.I've got a 00 Rx and about all I use are burned cdr's and the thing has never given me even a hint of problem. So unless they've gone to WORSE components in the 330's I'd sy thats bunk.

As an aside, rather than labels i use CDR's that have a blank white surface and can be printed on with an ink-jet printer. The Epson r-220 is dirt cheap (under a $100 US) and does a fantastic job printing labels as well as just printing on paper

• 3 weeks later...

I think that thickness of the media is one issue. The same blank CDRs that work flawlessly in our 2005 RX330 with the 6 disc changer would sometimes not eject or load from our 1996 4Runner, and if they did load would display "ERROR" on the head unit. My 2003 Honda CRV loves them, as does my 2006 Chevy TBSS. I think older head units had less of a tolerance for media thickness. But 2004 isn't that old.

Adhesive labels can also be bad, for a number of reasons - especially for CDRs that get left in cars and get hot, because sometimes the label adhesive doesn't tolerate that well, and that's an obvious issue.

But if your 2004 head unit is the same as my 2005, I use almost nothing BUT CDR blanks in it (but no adhesive labels) and it works flawlessly.

My RX330 has the 6 CD changer and I have intermittent problems. And my problems are with regular commercial CDs.

Some it likes and others I have problems with. Don't know if I should take it in or not.

It works perfectly with some CDs and others I can't eject or play. I put a CD in and get an error message and then can't get it out. Usually I shut the car off and have to restart it for the CD to eject. Again these are on commercially recorded CDs.

Happens intermittently so I am afraid it could work perfectly for the dealer if I bring it in and they won't see a problem. The problem could happen over 2 days or take a week. Sometimes the problem CDs will work fine and other times they won't work.

I have never seen anything like this.