Oem Parst On Line? + How Far Past 95000 Can I Go

mxl4729

2 questions.

Best place to get stock OEM Lexus parts online?

How long have people pushed off timing belt change? I am doing my best to come up with the money for the parts.

I how have 95,000 miles on my ES 300 and I have not gotten around to doing some much needed upkeep.

At this point I need new shocks and brakes and I am up for a timing belt change.

I have been trying to find a good place to get OEM parts on line but need some suggestions.

I have the service manual but are there any good tricks or tips that anyone has before I undertake this project.

Thanks for the feedback

95 000 is the bear minimum it needs to be changed at.

There is no definitive answer for how far it can go as there are way too many variables that cannot be measured.

heat

load

highway

traffic

idle

milage is a basic marker to judge its time to change it .

Loaded question.

As much as you're trusting the timing belt not to fail, you must also trust that the coolant has been changed with the passion of a religious zealot.

The belts themselves? Nobody knows. Toyota doesn't. They can't make up their mind on the life of old belts.

There are many reports of Lexus / Camry's on these types of engines used on the Camry platform that have gone 120,000 miles. A few at 150,000 miles, but that is severly stretching it. & When I say that, it's dangerous. The original spec was actually "Inspect belt @ 60,000 miles / 72 months & every 7,500 miles / 12 months afterwards. Replace as needed.".

IMHO the various parts of the cooling system are 50x more prone to clog / errode than the belt is to snap.

I suggest taking the upper timing belt cover off & checking it for cracks, bad teeth, & freying. Until you can get around to changing the belt & pump FLUSH the cooling system.

Well flushing the cooling system is one thing i have done.  is stop and go better for a belt or highway?

And  the big answer i am looking for is a good place to get discounted OEM parts

do a search on this forum /section. There are many places.

www.luxurymods.com Ask for Leo, www.irontoad.com Or do a google sarch and investigate for yourself and make a decision on your findings, You'll feel better with your decision that way. Then post your findings and help other members.

:D :cheers: ;)

The price you will pay if that belt goes will make you sick!!!! Change it now.

Y will it make me sick it it goes?

I thought the engine was a non interference engine. so if it were to break the car would just stop and not run.

I read about a sight on this board a long time ago. they just sold OEM parts on line i bookmarked it and sinse then have formated the hd and lots it. I have been doing searches on the board but can not seem to find the one i am looking for. so if there are any others that people know if let me know

The price you will pay if that belt goes will make you sick!!!! Change it now.

Y will it make me sick it it goes?

I thought the engine was a non interference engine. so if it were to break the car would just stop and not run.

I read about a sight on this board a long time ago. they just sold OEM parts on line i bookmarked it and sinse then have formated the hd and lots it. I have been doing searches on the board but can not seem to find the one i am looking for. so if there are any others that people know if let me know

If you punch up key word the puter usually sends you to the best price.... hence the no 1 distibuter. Just check out the first 6-10 and you should see what I am saying.

Best place to get stock OEM Lexus parts online?

]

Darrel Diller

Sewell Lexus of Dallas

www.lexus-parts.com

6421 Lemmon Avenue

Dallas, TX 75209

(866) 770-3099 ext: 2826

(214) 353-2826

(214) 350-5398 Fax

ddiller@sewell.com