Spark Plug Ignition Wire Set

While your car may not "need" them, it’s something that can only help, if you feel like changing them. The nice thing about Toyota wires (which I didn’t know until recently) is that the production date is printed on the wire! Look on the wires and they will have a production year, my old ones were dated 1992, and my new set was dated 2003. I just changed the wires, caps& rotors, and plugs on my car yesterday. Took about 4 hours, prices were as follows.

Toyota Distributor Caps & Rotors -- $50

Toyota Wires -- $117

Denso Iridium Plugs -- $80 eBay :)

I have a Toyota parts account, so retail the prices may be slightly more. Good luck!

Okay, Thanks for the info. I never changed plugs in my life. How many distributor caps and rotors do I need for my SC400? One more question, do those Denso Iridium Plugs make a noticable improvement? Because I also purchased 8 pieces from eBay. Thanks

I didnt notice any difference at all after changing all those parts, but maybe you will notice one, who knows. 2 caps and 2 rotors, You will probably want to read up before you do this, if youve never even changed a set of plugs before.

They shouldn't have any major improvements. I just changed my spark plugs with Denso Iridiumtoo, and the funny thing is Toyota has been using denso branded wires and plugs for the past 15 years. From what I've read, Iriduim only help with ignition timing on high torque(400+) cars and trucks. Chances are we won't see much improvement with our cars, but it won't hurt having them in.