Dealerships

300gone330

Anyone here experienced rude or turse Lexus service dept reps? I am SICK of the Wilmington, DE Lexus reps. Kurt and borderline rude, one was so downright disrespectful once that I had to call the dealership's owner. Seems, however, that nothing is being done to correct this issue. Thing is, I dont know why these guys are being such arses. Its not like I've gone in there talking down or being obnoxious to anyone...fact is, I've never taken the car in (hubby takes it in, or a rep picks it up at our home.) Would hate to think its a racial issue.

Ever since the continued attitudes or lack of customer service, I have been taking my car to another dealership, where at least they are nice and otherwise respectful, but thought I'd give the dealership I bought my car from one more shot at winning my servicing. Big mistake, three strikes your out with me! Tonight, they screwed themselves out of my currently needed warranty visit, let alone, their previous behavior losing them a $800 maintenance visit last month.

I used their website service request tool, wherein I indicated that I would like a pick-up and a loaner, whereafter, in true to manager hit and run fashion (just as he is leaving so I couldnt call him back today/would have to wait until tomorrow)

The manager wrote me "I am sorry but this is not something that we will pick your car up for. If you have any further concerns or need to discuss this with me please let me know." Duh, of course I would want to discuss it, but since you typed it at 5pm and leave at 5pm, I guess it will have to wait. Was I told to go screw or what? Is it me, or could this man have actually typed a few more sentences to explain why they couldnt offer pick up in this instance and, God forbid, perhaps give me some alternatives when dropping bad news? No effort whatsoever to win back my business.

All the dealerships are not created equal and I've had similar experiences.

Here's what you do.

Write the GM and owner of the dealership a letter, a certified letter so you KNOW they got it and they know you're serious. Let them know how dissapointed you were with the service at that dealership, give them specific examples. Then mention Cherry Hill Lexus, why they're so much better than the old dealer, and let them know that because of this they will be recieving all your future Lexus service and sales business, and all your referral business.

Then NEVER WALK IN THE DOOR AGAIN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES and you will have won.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my car in five (yes, five) times to fix a dashboard rattle. The last time, I got the factory service rep involved.

Despite five trips to the dealer, the problem was not fixed. When I complained, again, I was told they couldn't fix it and that I could sue them (or take them to arbitration) if I was unhappy.

Here's the bottom line: When it comes time to get rid of the POS RX300, I will NEVER own a Lexus or Toyota product again. My 1990 Acura Legend, with 208,000 miles, is a better car than my 02 RX300 with 65,000 on the clock. My next car will be an MDX.

All of us who own an old Legend have probably marveled at their durability. However, they were expensive back then, and truthfully, having owned a newer Acura, too, the new ones aren't the same. Owning 2 RXs has been a pleasure. Perhaps it's the fantastic service at the dealership that makes the difference. Getting a loaner at Acura is a lot tougher and they charge you for many items that Lexus provided for free. The Acura dealer is just as nice as before, but it is Acura policy which is not as customer friendly as Lexus. Find a better Lexus dealer/service department.

• 1 month later...

I would be almost certain it's not a racial issue! I'm as white-male-majority as you can get and I get the same treatment from Lexus of Manhattan. Well, I won't say they're rude... but they lie! They lie with a smile. I'm not sure which is worse!

someone mentioned the survey form which you can talk bad about them. Dont try this. I usually put extremely satisfied next to everything, which i am, but my friend decides to put moderately and such. The dealership calls him back like day after day wanting an explanation. Believe me, you dont want that kind of attention

Why? Racism is still alive and well in America and unless you're a minority you have no idea what kinds of things are *different* for you when you're trying to deal with people. Unfortunate but its true.

Anyways, she said she'd hate to think it was a racial issue, she didn't go on screaming about discrimination. I think you're being a little over-dramatic Bowtie.

BOWTIE:

No, I did NOT bring that up to them, just you fellow posters. As for wondering about it...cant help but consider it (cant attribute it to PMS, because its the men there that are so rude). Anyway, if you re-read the post you will see that I didn't say that WAS the reason, I specifically said I "would hate to think" it was.

FYI: As for your issuance of credibility... I need not have your stamp/sanction/validation on this or any other topic. Your snap judgment speaks volumes.

P.S. I wish to extend a sincere thank you to my fellow poster (and Forum Manager), SW03ES for coming to my defense. Class act. (some could stand to take notes) ;)

seems like its more related to you using one dealer for warranty work and paying another for maintenance.

Actually, used Cherry Hill for warranty work several times before using them for paid work and NEVER caught wind of any attitude. Conversely, BOUGHT (not leased) at Wilmington, used Wilmington for all my paid work and regularly caught an attitude from same party (complained more than once to GM and SM re this man).

Didnt even buy at Cherry Hill (in fact, they LITERALLY told me that they couldnt beat the Wilmington price when I was shopping the car with the options I wanted), yet they have bent over backwards to be accomodating.

P.S. I only switched to Cherry Hill for service as the offending party at Wilmington pushed me one too many times. I then called the SM and told him that I scheduled my 30K service with Cherry Hill as their guy was rude to me on the phone when I called to schedule it with them (as recanted in my original post) .