Car Mats...

not soooooo SW03ES!!!.

I just bought a set of 4 mats for my 02. (front and back, fronts come with the little holes to keep them in place). The set of four cost $110 from the Lexus dealership.

And is that expensive......damn straight its is. $110 for mats that don't stay clean. I wish you could buy just the driver's mat separately.

And I ain't putting that plastic cover on them...it will look like my great grandma's living room.

steviej

Really? Heh, I figured they'd be more. You have to buy them as a set? have you tried contacting Lexus-Parts.com or Steve Ganz?

I actually ordered a set of Weather Tech rubber mats for the winter that are great, kinda ugly but they keep the crap off the carpet.

i think 100 canadian is cheap for 4 mats witht that type of quality material

but i have a black interior so it doesn't show dirt as much

and it is the original lexus ones as well

rather than aftermarket

I got the weather tech mats for the winter also. Ugly yes, but snow, sludge, and melting ice is uglier. Not a bad price, $49.95 front set, $39.95 for rear set. It was worth it.

I guess the Lexus mats will vary. I didn't price them on Sewell Lexus' site (www.lexus-parts.com). Just bought them from Lexus of Norwood in MA.

steviej

I had the WeatherTech mats for the Explorer and really liked them. They look better in the Lexus, since it has a black interior (when I got them for the Explorer they only came in black, and it has a grey interior. I understand they now come in grey and tan) and definately are a lifesaver. Plus, when you want to clean them, just blast them with a pressure washer, and they're water repellant, no need to even dry them.

Lexus makes some rubber mats too, but I looked at them and they didnt seem as functional as the WeatherTech ones, and they were more expensive. Wasn't a hard choice.

If you wanna keep the mats clean, the standard Lexus ones (I can only imagine how the grey stains, luckily the carpets in my Explorer are a speckled darker color since its a Limited, so they dont show stains as bad) what you need to do is find a Petco or a Petsmart and buy some "Nature's Miracle" spray. It is the best stain remover I've seen, EVER on organic stains like you tend to track into a car.

My fiance and I have three little ferrets at home, and they have the run of the house. The whole place is done in light tan carpeting, and they've never caused a mess this stuff didnt remove all trace of, not !Removed!, not digging in plants, not spilling drinks etc. Its all I use on carpets.

Another thing you can actually do is powerwash the mats. Most people think this is insane, but it really does work. Go to one of those quarter wash bay places and just go to town on the mats. Spray some nature's miracle and scrub hard, then hit them with the pressure washer. Do this several times until they look clean, then squeegee (yep, the thing for the windows) them down until all the water is out, then let them dry outside in the sun. Letting them dry in the sun is important so that no molds or mustyness can take hold. The mats will look new for years.

Be careful around the embossed "Lexus" though, because that can be destroyed easily.

definatly it is great power washing them

but i found it started to eat the mats and rip fibres out of them so i stopped

i go to a coin laundymat with large washers and wash all 4 mats in there

now you want to see clean ,WOW,

and now they are downy fresh toooo

lol

it really is the best to me for cleaning them right up

as there is tons of dirt deep inside the fibres

Vacuum cleaner won't take out stains. Car mats get high traffic wear stains really bad becacause the use is so concentrated. Have light carpets in your house? Vacuum stairs ever day and they'll still be stained in a year and require shampooing. Auto carpets are no different. Actually home vacuums have a really hard time taking anything out of car mats because the dirt gets so ground in. Spill some orange soda on your carpeting, let it dry and then vacuum it, see what happens. Nothing.

Heloooo :rolleyes: :P

:D helloooo

yeah ....

i have an extra set of mats over the LEXUS ones, to prevent just that..

in my old car , i had to vacuum, scrub, power wash, and beat the hell outta them... then got some dirt out....

i know ... floor mat pick up dirt from everywhere and then like to keep it...

lets not even talk about spills... back in the days when i was POOR...

i hadda buick ... the previous owner musta been some fat mcdonnel devouring maniac... cause when i lifted up the mats... there were like mustard stains and god knows what everywhere...

No luck in cleaning that... :blink::angry:

when the mats and carpets get that bad, that is when I send the car off to my detailer for a thorough steam cleaning.

car comes back clean as a whistle inside and out.

oh yeah, with a little bag of popouri in the ashtray too.

sj

Actually, the Woolite works good for cleaning carpets too, same as the leather LOL.

Not as good as the Nature's Miracle though.

And I've always been tempted to buy myself my own steam cleaner. One day :D

• 3 weeks later...

Never hesitate to ask questions! All people can say is "no" !!

There was an Ebay auction for a set of new OEM black Lexus mats (front, back + trunk) and I talked the seller into ending their auction early for me and they did.

We negotiated via e-mail and I won the set for $25.00 !!!! :lol::lol::lol:

(+ shipping of course) and I don't even need the trunk mat.

Can't believe it. That's the sweetest deal yet.

That seller must not have known he could have gotten 3-4 times as much...I've never had Lexus mats before so I'm thrilled.

YIPPEEEEE!! :magic: