kingkens

hi there new member 2 the us site hi guyz

a little problem i have a noise coming from the engine of my ls400 1900 model

it sounds like the fan belt is slipping but its definetley not

i have remove the fanbelt/power steering belt and the noise is still there

i just bought her and done an oil change with fully synthetic oil

u would swear it was the fan belt if u heard it

any help here much appreciated

ps: it sounds like the rh cam where the noise is coming from but when u rev it up the noise goes away.

after idiling for 20 seconds after reving engine noise is back

please help

kingkens :(

hi there new member 2 the us site hi guyz

a little problem i have a noise coming from the engine of my ls400 1900 model

it sounds like the fan belt is slipping but its definetley not

i have remove the fanbelt/power steering belt and the noise is still there

i just bought her and done an oil change with fully synthetic oil

u would swear it was the fan belt if u heard it

any help here much appreciated

ps: it sounds like the rh cam where the noise is coming from but when u rev it up the noise goes away.

after idiling for 20 seconds after reving engine noise is back

please help

kingkens :(

how many miles are on it? sounds likes your timing belt or the pulleys

Probably serpentine belt. You should make sure that it hasn't been contaminated by oil and check that the belt tension is good. May even need to be changed.

listen its got nothing 2 do with the belt

i have removed the belt completley and restarted the engine and the noise is still there please help any gold members any 1

kingkens

With no belt on it is defintaly not that.

No easy answer without seeing/hearing

the car in person.

I CHANGED THE OIL AND STUCK IN FULLY SYNTHETIC AS FAR AS I NO THE NOISE WASNT THERE WITH SEMI SYNTHETIC IS IT POSSIBLE THE OIL IS 2 THIN?

Given the age of the vehicle, the semi-synthetic could potentially leak past the cam shaft or crankshaft seals (and this would potentially damage your timing belt). I would switch back to the regular oil and try and remove one of the cam covers to see if the timing belt has oil on it.

It's not the oil. Thats crazy talk. It has to be a timing belt idler or tensioner bearing or even a noise coming from the Auto transmission. Try to rule out the trans before you jump into the t belt area. Give a listen from under the car.

YOU NEVER ANSWERED HOW MANY MILES YOU HAVE??? AND TAKE OFF THE CAPS LOCK......it translates into YELLING. which is rude. :cheers:

something is slipping in your engine.....slipping is belt related. only belt in your engine is timing. So, how many miles do you have????? that will tell the tale of your timing belt.

I CHANGED THE OIL AND STUCK IN FULLY SYNTHETIC AS FAR AS I NO THE NOISE WASNT THERE WITH SEMI SYNTHETIC IS IT POSSIBLE THE OIL IS 2 THIN?

YOU NEVER ANSWERED HOW MANY MILES YOU HAVE??? AND TAKE OFF THE CAPS LOCK......it translates into YELLING. which is rude. :cheers:

something is slipping in your engine.....slipping is belt related. only belt in your engine is timing. So, how many miles do you have????? that will tell the tale of your timing belt.

177,000 MILES ON IT ILL GIVE SOME OF THESE IDEAS I WHIRL TODAY BUT THE NOISE SOUNDS LIKE ITS COMING FROM BELOW the rh rocker cover any more ideas would help ofcoarse but i will change the oil and i will check behind the cam covers

many thanks

chris