Engine Codes

brentg

to get the codes for 1995 lexus ls 400

1. remove the top cover from the engine, it has only 3 screws.

2. locate a plug that is called diagnosis

3. attach scanner to it.

4. scanner will give you 1 or couple of 4 digit codes.

5. gimme the codes, i have a list . so i will let u know what they mean

i think the codes that lextreme provided are for firast generation, while second generation have different codes, my codes are from alldata, and might be more up to date for 95-97 models

i really dont know anything about this scanner, as to another plug, i know there should be another one somewhere on the left of the steering wheel, but so far i cant find it. let me know if you will. we have same cars so it will work for me 2. whats wrong with the plug on the engine? not compatible?

VMF

I was looking for any kind of recommendation for purchasing a hand held scanner. I know that autozone has one for 155.00. Just wanted know what luck you have had?

Also took the care out last night for dive. I started and ran flawlessly right up to the point of 3000 rpm and then I got a miss fire style of hesitation. If the timing belt was out the engine would run consistantly rough.

Is it possible I could get a copy of this list of DX Codes from you??

Brent

My neighbor has a handheld scanner which I have used on my GM cars. Works great, has a book that explains all the codes and how to use. Actually, it is very easy to use. I'll probably buy one at some point in the future but right now I have lots of other uses for my $. I'll have to check to see if his scanner fits Asian cars, then I'll just borrow that. From my experience, handheld scanners work great. I also know there is a way to check codes with a testlight probe. You have to count the number of flashes when you jump to terminals. I found this on the Internet a long time ago, but only used it on my Caprice. Might be worth a look-see.

Does anyone have access to a service manual and can look up this DX code error PO336 (crankshaft position sensor)? and what the fix would be????

The traction control light just pulses continually without a pause?

The car runs good, drove it this morning up to 90mph with the rpm under 2,800 without a miss. any thing above that I get a miss..

Brent