My 98ls Now With 20inch O.z. Opera 2 Peice Rims

SKperformance

First here is a how to ,to replace the studs.

Well i had to put them on after i installed my 15mm H&R spacers.

The spacers took 2 hours to intall as i had not done anything much with the brakes or knuckles on my LS before .For a vetran LS owner it should take 1 hour the most.

To install the spacers

remove the wheel

unbolt the caliper

remove set screws for rotor

thread a oem nut back on the stud to balance the pressure

hit the nut with the hammer about 3 times and it will back out

remove nut and old stud

install about 1 inch worth of washers on the stud to remove

thread the same nut back on this new stud

use a c clamp to hold the hub in place to knuckle for install

slowly tighten the nut which pulls the stud through

make sure it is straight or you will shear off more material than needed and can cause the studs to loosen over time.

I would not use power or air tools ,hand tools work fine and keep the loads even.

Once you finish the studs install everything again and put the spacer on the hub. It is hub centic so it fits perfectly

thats it.

Now on to the buisness at hand

Here are some shots showing the car and how much the spacer push out the rims to make the front tires flush with the fender.

I did not care about tehm being flush ,i just wanted them to fit.

They rub so i had to raise the front up . I don;t like the gap but oh well what can you do.Fo now i will leave it until i get a fender rolling machine to make some free space in there.

PICT0011.sized.jpg

PICT0006_001.sized.jpg

PICT0007_001.sized.jpg

PICT0003_001.sized.jpg

PICT0004_003.sized.jpg

PICT0008_001.sized.jpg

Thanks guys,

no tints i like the factory light green besides i am not that important to need to hide from anyone yet.

The rims are 20X8.5 front and 20X9.5 rear

245 35 20 tires which rub upfront with the drop i have.

I am going for a mono chromatic look ,so i will be painting the rims centers ,the grille , maybe the inside of the headlights all the same colour over winter. I am also keeping the 2 tone look as i prefer that style for this car since i am not going the sporty route but a more luxury type one than my ES.

Gorgeous, SK, simply gorgeous look. How is the ride quality at this point? 35's scare me, I'm looking at 18's & a 45 series tire at best, however I also am going for the lux/classy look overall, not sporty or a "baller/playa" look....Congrats, but dayam, that sounds like it was a lot of manual labor to install those studs. You're a better man than me, LOL! :cheers:

Studs were simple to install .

If i did not wanted the full size rim look ( not for the sake of saying i have"20's") Other wise i would have gone for a nice set of 18's for the look of a nice rim with lots of comfort.

I am not sure how much of a degradation of ride as i alreay have new susepnsion and 20's are heavy so there is more bumps but not alot more.

For 35 series tires it is not as hard as i thought it would be.

Oh my, you pimped your ride. Man that is sooooo hot. I agree, I like the factory windows also. I had tint on mine when I purchased it and took it off. The original color effect from the factory window is outstanding to me. However, I can't seem to figure out how to get the rear window un-sticky. When I started using a razor to get it off, it started tearing the rear window lines for the defroster. So I left it sticky. Oh well. If you see a bunch of flies, ants, and mosquitos on the back of a Lexus rear window, you'll know it's me.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry dood! Everything else about the car is absolutely frikkin' beautiful! To me...it just doesn't look right with the exhaust hanging below the rear bumper like that since there aren't any cut outs for the tips in that generation. ;)

I much prefer that critic' from you hawk as you state what you like and can be understood.

Only from the lower pictures where i photo'd the wheels offsets can you see the mufflers. Normal angles do not show them at all as well the tips only stick about 1/2 inch from the bumper. I also have the body kit which makes the exhausts tuck in them which will be installed in spring.

The rear rims are flush with the body but the tires are not 275 but 245 so they are stretched back giving the look that they are not sticking out as much.

So i i did upgrade my tires they would be flush with the body.

Problem comes that with my suspension drop they would rub like crazy if it did go for the flush look. These tires just clear the rear 1/4 without any rubbing at all.

The rear rims are flush with the body but the tires are not 275 but 245 so they are stretched back giving the look that they are not sticking out as much.

So i i did upgrade my tires they would be flush with the body.

Problem comes that with my suspension drop they would rub like crazy if it did go for the flush look. These tires just clear the rear 1/4 without any rubbing at all.

I see what you mean. I say roll your fenders for the rears, 275 in the back would be perfect.

What size are the wheels in the back? 20x9?

sk i just recieved my l-sportline kit and i was wondering how are the bumpers supposed to be attached? i didnt recieve any screws with the bumpers and there are no holes. i did get screws with the sideskirts though.