Found My Dream Car...but

ArmyofOne

Well for those of you that dont know, i have been looking for a Gen II LS400 now ever since i wrecked my ES250 back in april. I may finally have found one.

1996 Lexus LS400

-96,580 miles

-Cypress Green Leather interior

-Green Metallic Exterior, (not sure of the color, but it is a lighter green)

-Sewell Lexus of Dallas has done the 60k, 80K, 90K and 100K services, TB and WP have been replaced.

-Seller has all service records from the lexus dealer since purchase in 11/1995.

but heres the catch...

6 months ago, the car was stolen. some kids took it for a joyride but left $4,000 worth of damage to the center console, the stereo and climate control, the autmatic locks and windows, and the ignition switch. Insurance paid for it, and all repairs were done at Sewell Lexus. has 4 brand new tires as thy were all flat when the car was retireved. 4 center caps on the factory chrome wheels were never recovered.

it all looks brand new...Asking price is $8950 NEG. i have driven it and it drives beatifully, but the price is a little low...is the catch here that the car was stolen? or is there possibly a hidden problem that he has yet to correct?

Insurance company might have declared the vehicle a lost and seller bought it back.  Check the title to make sure it’s not rebuilt/salvaged.  I still have an active Carfax account.  Just get me the VIN and I'll check it.

GL

JT8BH22FXT0047411

thats the vin...thanks.

The story of this 1996 LEXUS LS 400 (JT8BH22FXT0047411) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:

Blue Arrow This sedan has had 4 owners and was owned in Nebraska and Kansas. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.

Blue Arrow It was severely damaged and issued a Salvage title by a Kansas DMV.

Blue Arrow It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.

Blue Arrow It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 10,585 miles per year, which is lower than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 03/18/2005, was 96,430 miles.

Blue Arrow It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback or LEMON.

The story of this 1996 LEXUS LS 400 (JT8BH22FXT0047411) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:

Blue Arrow This sedan has had 4 owners and was owned in Nebraska and Kansas. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.

Blue Arrow It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.

Blue Arrow It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 10,585 miles per year, which is lower than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 03/18/2005, was 96,430 miles.

AH, it does have a salvage title, just not in texas...that SOB. not a very good deal then eh? in fact, it sounds like a ripoff... :angry:

AH, it does have a salvage title, just not in texas...that SOB. not a very good deal then eh? in fact, it sounds like a ripoff... :angry:

Not good at all man. Kansas and Texas salvage titles. I'd pass on that.

AH, it does have a salvage title, just not in texas...that SOB. not a very good deal then eh?  in fact, it sounds like a ripoff... :angry:

Agreed,

I'd stay clear of that car by the sounds of it too Army. Be patient & start another search.......you will just know when 'your' car comes along. ;)

:cheers: