92 Es300 Stereo Question.

Hi, I am planning to install an amp with subs, wondering if theres a remote wire and rca outputs from the stereo or not. If not I'll prolly need to cut the rear speaker wires and link it to the amp? and for the remote wire, I probably need to find the antenna 12v wire to connect to my remote wire on the amp?

also, is there an stock amp in the lexus already? I've been reading a few post and they said its under the chair? If so how can I get access to it and does it have a remote wire where i can link it to my new amp?

Also, is there an online manual for this car? I've tried looking for it in kragen, autopart stores and couldn't find any.

If anybody have experience with this, any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

hey, i own a 92 and am planning to replace the whole stereo system.

the factory amp is under the passenger seat, it's a big ugly box.

there should be a guard on the front side of the passenger seat, so you can only see it from the back.

just get on your hands and knees and move the seat as far forward as you can.

as for manuals, i just ordered one for myself. there are only hard copies, i do not know of an online one.

just make sure the factory amp can supply all that power to the new parts...i doubt it can. poor little thing doesnt have the juice to make it thump.

a 12volt wire that prolly comes with all new radios now, when you power on the stereo, it'll supply the 12v power to that line normally connects to an AMP so when the power is on the amp will be on, and when the power is off, the amp will turn off

O! true true! sorry, i am getting confused with all the books.

if you get a repair book or something on cd, let me know!

so many books for cars with the word "manual."

<- new to this whole car thing.

and trying to change the car world from just men working on them to women :D

if you have a new amp i guess you already placed th new wiring to the old speakers or are you just adding a box with its own dedicated amp

to find a good remote you need a multimeter and need to try and find a wire that is 12vdc + when the radio is turned on not the car

or you will get reverb very loudly

use the meter and test the ant to see if there is a subtiable on there to make it simple

the ES uses the "Active" system.. you cannot tap it

I rewired my whole car and ripped out the crappy factory system.. much happier now and I can upgrade my headunit whithin seconds.

NO NO NO MAN! you don't have to touch your factory amp's wiring. just disconnect the power antenna and use a tester to find which terminal gets power with the ignition switch in ACC or ON. then, just tap a wire off of that to your amp. That way, its all right there in your trunk where it needs to be, and all of the stereo equipment is run off the same circuits. I did this with my amp and subs, and it works great! And i wouldn't mess with the stock amp if i were you, unless you're gonna replace the whole system altogether. It's just too much trouble to get to, and you risk blowin somethin when you go messin with the wiring and all; we all know how fun electronics can be, especially when you have to replace them through Lexus and pay their prices!

oh; and no RCA cables. You could do like i did and run your amp off of the 6x9's in the back. It doesn't pull any current from the speakers; just an input signal so it knows what to amplify. It's not the most professional way, but if done right works just as well as RCA cables; after all, all RCA cables are is different wires and connectors. I used plain old speaker wire for this and hooked it up to my amp's high level input (don't worry; it should still hit just as good as it would using the RCA plug) using the adapter plug that came with it (you'rs should have one of these). Just wire up the POS and NEG and an extra ground as your amp's instruction manual tells you to.

sorry 'bout all the posts; can't get my thoughts all together. anyway, i bought a 2 book Lexus Repair Manual set (I think its the same one used in the shops by certified mechanics) and it's more than payed for itself, so I would highly suggest you find one if you like to do your own service. It's an awesome manual. oh, and by the way- what you plannin on puttin in your car (system-wise)? just curious. ;)

thanks Lex!! u answered all my questions...

BUT darnit I wasted my money on the wire kit!! (busted so open and messy don't think i can get a refund now :P) didn't know i coulda just connect power wire from the antenna (thought the antenna only turns on for a while then it turns it self off when running cd)... was going to run the 8g wire from the battery.. (will that still be a good thing to do?) then run the remote wire from the antenna.

I am looking to buy the repair/service manuals (posted wtb in the forum) and dunno if those CD versions on ebay are anygood.. (anybody have experience with those?)

as for my system, nothing special, only adding a sub to it..

sounds like you are on track

depending on the amp 8 gauge should do it

i prefer 4 but that may just be over kill

especially if you do not ever intend on adding another amp in the trunk

which a thicker gauge wire would help

and the remote wire from the ant is right on track also