Mud Flaps

Miles

My wife and I pick up our ES330 from the Dealer on Wednesday. She would like mud flaps. I have noticed that all the pics etc I see usually don't have mud flaps on the auto? Do any of you run mud flaps on your car if so are the dealer installed or after market?

I don't think i have ever seen Lexus mudflaps even from Japan the home of all car toys.

It would have to be aftermarket.

Agreed......& I think there is a reason why they are not offerd......they won't look good on an ES IMO. :blink:

:cheers:

I don't think i have ever seen Lexus mudflaps even from Japan the home of all car toys.

Ok Thanks we where wondering about the Mud flaps. Now our decission is to either select the chrome wheels offered by Lexus or buy after market. They are offering the wheels at 1200 for the set a swap of the alloy wheels.

Ok Thanks we where wondering about the Mud flaps. Now our decission is to either select the chrome wheels offered by Lexus or buy after market. They are offering the wheels at 1200 for the set a swap of the alloy wheels.

So that's $300 a piece for factory 'Lexus' chrome wheels? I'd take that & it wouldn't hurt to offer say $1000 for the trade. All they can say is no. B)

:cheers:

Lexus does not make mudflaps for the current ES, and there are none availiable aftermarket.

As for the chrome wheels, make sure they are FACTORY CHROME, my guess is for $300 they have them chromed aftermarket which wont last nearly as long.

Lexus does not make mudflaps for the current ES, and there are none availiable aftermarket.

As for the chrome wheels, make sure they are FACTORY CHROME, my guess is for $300 they have them chromed aftermarket which wont last nearly as long.

I agree, about 3.5+ years ago I asked the samething at Herb Chambers and the sales guy (nice person) looked at me WEIRD.... :blink::blink::blink: They do not have any.

Based on the Lexus paint, you do not need any.

Now our decission is to either select the chrome wheels offered by Lexus or buy after market. They are offering the wheels at 1200 for the set a swap of the alloy wheels.

Keep the alloys, you don't want the chromes on in the PA winters. Use your alloys for that with dedicated snow tires or a good set of all-seasons. Go aftermarket on the chromes. There are plenty of choices. If you like the Lexus style chrome rim, you can get them online for $375 each, sans tires though.

steviej