Tire Make Selections

Hi

I have 1996 LS400 and it is time to replace the tires

The tire size is 225/60 R16 97V

Does anyone know what is the original make and model of the tire the car originally came with?

I was told that Lexus is designed to run with a specific tire for best noise control and road handling

Or can anyone recommend on a good one

Thanks

Ronen

Ronen, check your fullsize spare in the trunk as that might be an original. Mine is, and it's a continetal

Does anyone know what is the original make and model of the tire the car originally came with?

I was told that Lexus is designed to run with a specific tire for best noise control and road handling

That's a good question! My spare is a Bridge Tauranza LSV; I'd bet those came on my car originally. I have Michelin MXV4+ Energy tires, and I can't begin to say enough great things about them other than their price of entry! They're always in balance and wear evenly. I have roughly 50k on mine with 7/16 of tread left. What more can I ask for! :)

Ooops, sorry man...I've got the Tauranza on the spare as well. I got confused...it's easy to do these days. I too have the Mich tires like Blake has on his. I like them, I think. The car is in the shop right now being checked for some strange damn wobble I've had now for months. It might be one of the tires, but I doubt it.

TRhe Continental spare can't be original, no Lexus ever came with Continental tires. Lexus of that era came with Dunlop SP Sport 4000s or Bridgestone Turanza EL33s. The LS-V can't be original either as its wasn't around in 1995 ;)

The LS-Vs are supposed to be great tires, I also have the MXV4s and think the Lexus was made for them. Terrific tires.