How To Solve Black Out Led In The Ls Player

bluethunder2008

Hi ,

see the attached picture ,

player.jpg

some of my cassette Player display start to black out, I went to the dealer and he said it will cost $100.

I heared from someone that it is possible to find one coompatible with this one.

Can anybody refer me to a website where I can buy this one.

Regards

Hi ,

player.jpg

some of my cassette Player display start to black out, I went to the dealer and he said it will cost $100.

I heared from someone that it is possible to find one coompatible with this one.

Regards

What year LS? Jim Walker did a writeup on this. Search the LS forums.

This seems to be a somewhat common issue with 95-00's. $100 is great for the repair cost (I spent over $200 having mine fixed). I don't know where to find just the LCD; I think most people who had this problem sent their stereos to Mikado. Maybe they would be willing to sell you a lcd?

i have a an extra working display that i have laying around my old head unit woudlnt play CD's for some reason and the lgihts didnt work so i bougt a new one and its laying in my garage now collectin dust LOL

Hi ,

player.jpg

Regards

Yes, its possible to fix, but an LCD alone would cost around $100, theres also a lot of work invloved. So $100 from the dealer, strangly sounds like a good deal.