What Is "run Out?"

nc211

I've talked to a local Lexus only mechanic about this wobble thing I'm dealing with, he mentioned it might be run-out. What is run out? Sounds like a bad STD. :o

I've talked to a local Lexus only mechanic about this wobble thing I'm dealing with, he mentioned it might be run-out. What is run out? Sounds like a bad STD.  :o

what he is saying is that your rotors might be uneven across the surace of the disc either you can have them machined if they are still within specs or you are going to get new ones

Thanks Sha! Yeah I know my rotors are about toast. I think they're the originals from day 1! They look horrible, and I know they're warped because I get that vibration when braking. But he said runout on the axles as well? Here is his response

"don't sound like axle problem would need to check run out on axles, tires, rims, with dial indicator"

This is beyond my scope of understanding, but looking forward to learning what this means! Not sure what run out on the axles entails.

Run out can mean anything unless it is applied to a specific part or symptom.

It basically means that a part that is stationary is within specs but once it moves in its axis it goes beoyond tolerances and "runs out of line".

Hahaha, that was a good one! :cheers:

Unfortunetly, I'm having "run out" of money as well. This car is beginning to get on my nerves. I just learned yesterday that my new oil pan the dealership put on last month, is leaking oil from the seal. It just never ends.

I have no doubt that something is not lined up right in the suspension, or the driveshaft. After all of those suspension parts being replaced, I'm sure that was a big shock to the system on the car's alignment. Although, it's been aligned at the dealership, twice, I think it needs more attention than just a machine.

Thanks amigo! :cheers:

Interesting article. I know my brake rotors are toast, just hope they can hold on a few more months. Dude, that is one hell of a muffler on that car in your picture!