330 Vs. 300, Likes And Dislikes?

tealboy

I am struggling with spending $40k on the new 330 but have seen a few features that i really like. However, i did feel like the ride was more stiff and the engine a bit louder on the new 330 vs. the 300.

For those who have either owned both, or at least driven both, how would you compare the two vehicles in terms of ride, noise, comfort or other characteristics? I can get a 2002 for $25k with 26k miles or can step up and pay $40k for a new one. $40k is really a lot for a car, in my opinion, so i favor the less expensive 300, but don't want to regret it long term.

pls comments.

yeah, ive owned both cars cause i traded my rx300 for the rx330. Im not sure if this helps, both are great cars for everyday driving. I would have to say that the old rx300 was a little more "better" in terms of ride quality...but...i dont really like to go backward in time in terms of buying a car that is replaced. The technology is way different, better on the 330. both cars did not give me any trouble so...yeah i guess it comes down to the price. im pretty sure this didnt help. lol ;)

...but don't want to regret it long term.

This is the only thing you have to worry about with an RX300.

I personally like the Rx300's ride, comfort, feel and looks better than the RX330. I had a 1999 rx300, then in 2003 i bought another rx300 even though the transmission went out on the 1999.

The all wheel drive rx300's have a troblem with the transmissions, and i would not reccomend getting one.

Last month i bought another 2003 rx300 for my daughter. It has 34, 751 miles on it, and is working fine as of now.

I also have a 2004 Rx330 whih has 53,000 miles on it, and that is working fin as well.

The front wheel drive rx300's are the best SUV's Lexus ever made in my opinion.

Lexi, you have more cars and drive more miles than anyone i know. How do you log so many miles on a car?

by the way, if you have had so much trouble w/ the AWD's, why do you keep buying them vs. the FWD? Just curious. I know you had one bad tranny, got a new one and sold it due to tranny concern, and now got another awd for your daughter.

by the way, if you have had so much trouble w/ the AWD's, why do you keep buying them vs. the FWD?  Just curious.  I know you had one bad tranny, got a new one and sold it due to tranny concern, and now got another awd for your daughter.

I live on the east coast, and the winders are horrible. From what i have heard, the FWD's are crap in the snow..and the last thing i want to hear 1am is..."hey dad come get me i'm stuck in the snow"

I've already been through that with my other two kids, and have been through it myself..

by the way, if you have had so much trouble w/ the AWD's, why do you keep buying them vs. the FWD?  Just curious.  I know you had one bad tranny, got a new one and sold it due to tranny concern, and now got another awd for your daughter.

The other reason i was forced to get an AWD for my daughter was because i couldn't find a FWD that had navi, heated seats, spoiler and all the other crap we all love and need.

I managed to get an 03 for a great price. It was a great deal if you ask me. I just posted some picstures of it.

Having owned both you can't go wrong with either.

One bad thing about the 300 was the turning raduis .It was huge.That has been fixed in the330.

Otherwise I feel the 300 has a better interior (more wood),less cargo room,horrible sunroof noise and better ride at the expense of less roadholding.

I love the 330 for the power liftgate ,power entry system,better audio (ML) and better gas mileage.

I almost forgot, of course the 330 has the transmission software issues.

It's adaptive alright , but it's the driver that has to adapt to the transmission not the other way around! Very Annoying!

That's all I can remenber for now.

Later

I also have been in both cars.  The natural thing is to like whats new.  The 330 exterior looks much better than the 300.  The 330  almost excudes a sporty image compared to the blander 300.  Can I get a high five?

nicely said man, nicely said

I live on the east coast, and the winders are horrible. From what i have heard, the FWD's are crap in the snow..and the last thing i want to hear 1am is..."hey dad come get me i'm stuck in the snow"

I've already been through that with my other two kids, and have been through it myself..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lex ur halarious

that means that is the best blue on any car i have seen...two thumbs up ^^

that's what i thought you meant LOL ;) The blue is the only color i really care for at all on the 300.

In 99 when i bought my first rx300 the indigo ink pearl wasn't available. In 2003 when i got my second rx300, my aunt already got the indigo ink pearl on her 02 rx300 so i didn't want to copy her.

But my daughter loves the blue so thats what we got for this rx300.

im leaning towards like the rx330 interior more...of course u cant think about the fake stuff. Just the layout i feel is better. Also the only thing that bothers me on the 300 is the shifter, i dont like the button u needa press to switch gears nor the overdrive button. that OD switch was soooo anoying

im leaning towards like the rx330 interior more...of course u cant think about the fake stuff. Just the layout i feel is better. Also the only thing that bothers me on the 300 is the shifter, i dont like the button u needa press to switch gears nor the overdrive button. that OD switch was soooo anoying

Yeah it is hard getting used to having to press in the button to change gears. The other Lexus models don't need that because they have the gate shifter. It's too hard to accidently change the gears. Except for 4 and D, which are too close to eachother if you ask me. The ES330 and LS430 AND GS430 are all the same like this.

I've owned both a '99 and '01 300 and now have a '04 330. The 330 is better in every way. It has better power, gas mileage, cornering, turn radius, seat leather, road noise, etc... I would never go back to the 300.

ive also noticed something about the 330 and other new toyota trucks and vans. On the rx300, i was able to see the engine cover when sitting in the drivers seat, but on the newer cars like the 330, i have to lean forward to see when im too close to the car in front. Just a little observation, maybe its the seat, iono. but ive gotten used to it, tho i keep hitting the cabinet in the back of my garage...hehehe :blink:

ive also noticed something about the 330 and other new toyota trucks and vans. On the rx300, i was able to see the engine cover when sitting in the drivers seat, but on the newer cars like the 330, i have to lean forward to see when im too close to the car in front. Just a little observation, maybe its the seat, iono. but ive gotten used to it, tho i keep hitting the cabinet in the back of my garage...hehehe :blink:

It's not you..the RX330's windshield is not as high as the 300, so you can't get as high to see the hood. I liked it when i had the grille guard so i could see where the front of the car was.