Pvc

Hello all from a newbie. Thanks for this great forum. I keep reading of the PVC valve and to replace it. I have a great 96' ES-300 (currently at 91k). But when having my oil changed, I was told the vehicle did not have one. So I suppose the question is, does it or does it not have a PVC valve? If so, where is the darn thing located, where can I purchase one and how is it replaced? I know this sounds like a hokey question, but I have to learn or pay the piper at Lexus. I prefer the embarassment of the former! :whistles:

Hello all from a newbie. Thanks for this great forum. I keep reading of the PVC valve and to replace it. I have a great 96' ES-300 (currently at 91k). But when having my oil changed, I was told the vehicle did not have one. So I suppose the question is, does it or does it not have a PVC valve? If so, where is the darn thing located, where can I purchase one and how is it replaced? I know this sounds like a hokey question, but I have to learn or pay the piper at Lexus. I prefer the embarassment of the former!  :whistles:

rockit...Suggest checking in General Maintenance forum. You'll have better luck there.

Hello all from a newbie. Thanks for this great forum. I keep reading of the PVC valve and to replace it. I have a great 96' ES-300 (currently at 91k). But when having my oil changed, I was told the vehicle did not have one. So I suppose the question is, does it or does it not have a PVC valve? If so, where is the darn thing located, where can I purchase one and how is it replaced? I know this sounds like a hokey question, but I have to learn or pay the piper at Lexus. I prefer the embarassment of the former!  :whistles:

rockit...Suggest checking in General Maintenance forum. You'll have better luck there.

Thanks

rokit, PVC is a white plastic tubing used commonly in plumbing and electrical work.

PCV is the abbreviation you are looking for: Positive Crankcase Ventilation.

do a search on "valve" and limit it to the ES forum. you should get loads of threads

steviej

rokit, PVC is a white plastic tubing used commonly in plumbing and electrical work.

PCV is the abbreviation you are looking for:  Positive Crankcase Ventilation.

do a search on "valve" and limit it to the ES forum.  you should get loads of threads

steviej

Thanks again Steve....Now I am majorly embarassed !

It should be on the valve cover. Also it takes about 45 seconds to do. I also put some silicone or light grease (very small amount) on the new one so it is easy to push in.

Side note: I replace them every 35 to 45K miles since they are cheap. Just put on in yesterday. It cost $5.95 (shipped and an OEM one)!

It should be on the valve cover. Also it takes about 45 seconds to do. I also put some silicone or light grease (very small amount) on the new one so it is easy to push in.

Side note: I replace them every 35 to 45K miles since they are cheap. Just put on in yesterday. It cost $5.95 (shipped and an OEM one)!

Thanks Mike. I found the location this morning and changed it out. It was full of gunk too. And thanks for the heads up, with changing them around every 35-45k miles. Good advice. Cheers