How Much For Repair O2 Sensors?

oyu

My 1993 LS400 failed the Virgina state emission test last week. She has over 90K miles. I took her to the dealer and they said she need to replace both Oxgyen sensors. The dealer charged me $978 for parts and labor.

Does anyone know what should be the reasonable charge for repair both O2 sensors?

Thanks for the reply in advance.

Owwww, $980 for O2 sensor replacements!!! Two OEM sensors should be well under $300. Then, $700 for installation...that's insane. Changing two o2 sensors should take less than 30minutes, maybe an hour if they are really frozen in there.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...993&catalogid=1

I'd say no more than $200 for installation, and that's more than generous since it's a matter of unscrewing and unplugging the old sensors.

I agree...and judging by my replacement list below on my signature, you can bet I've been well lubed by the dealer before...but not that bad! Ouch amigo, I think you got taken. I'd complain to the dealer about that!

Did mine (1990 lexus) by ordering the universal sensors (crimping the wires with the wire harness off of the old o2 sensor is required) off of oxygensensors.com

Went to Autozone and checked out the o2 sensor tool (15 refundable deposit)

95 each for oem for sensor and lexus harness (no crimping required. Just plug it in)

OR

47 each for universal (which I did) crimping required

The hardest part is getting the wire harness unplugged/plugged due to the tight spaces.

My 1993 LS400 failed the Virgina state emission test last week. She has over 90K miles. I took her to the dealer and they said she need to replace both Oxgyen sensors. The dealer charged me $978 for parts and labor.

Does anyone know what should be the reasonable charge for repair both O2 sensors?

Thanks for the reply in advance.

Hi,Guys

I am planing to change my 95ls400's O2 sensor soon, I remember someone in this forum said he brought O2 sensor from ebay.com, I search and find as follows:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

Anyone have try this? If it is denso original, I will buy and change mine

Let us know if anyone have this one tried

Thanks