Where Did You First Hear About Lexus?

You bought your Lexus because...  

12 members have voted

1. 1. You bought your Lexus because...

• you saw one of those Lexus Commercials on tv
    • one of your friends/family members have/has had one
    • one of your friends/family members "told" you about Lexus
    • you saw one for yourself on the road and loved it
    • you read about Lexus on the internet/newpaper etc.
    • other??

A few minutes ago i saw one of those Lexus commercials on tv for the ES. I thought it was well made, and thought it was a really good way to tell about Lexus. It made me think back to 1989 when i saw my first Lexus commercial. That's why i got my first LS, and ever since then, i love Lexus.

Where did you first hear about Lexus? Just wondering why you made the decision to get one...

Years ago, after being burned again and again by the shoddy construction of North American built vehicles, and then having to play the games to get the dealerships to correct the problems under warranty, etc., etc., etc. my wife and I both started driving Japanese vehicles, me, Nissan/Datsun 240z's and 300 ZX's, and her, Toyota Cressida's. You couldn't fault the Cressidas in any way. She had three of them until they were no longer produced, and she was forced to go to her first ES300 in 97. That one we put 269 000 km on, and traded it, not because of any problems at all, but because it was just time to do so, on a 04 ES330. What a beautiful ride it is! All one needs to do is check Consumer Reports and the JD Powers listings, and actually drive one to see for themselves what amazing cars they are.

The first ad I remebering seeing was the one where the LS was driving on the railroad tracks with a phonograph (record player) sitting in the backseat. With every bump the Lexus took the phonograph never skipped. I still remember it to this day.

I was sold on Lexus in 1999 when I went to my first Lexus Test Drive event. Fell in love with the ES and eventually bought one. :)

My sister owned 2. A 1992 and a 1994 RX330. I fell in love with the ES330 at first sight. It's on it's way to my delaers and should be arriving any day now. I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas to arrive. :rolleyes:

My sister owned 2.  A 1992 and a 1994 RX330.  I fell in love with the ES330 at first sight.  It's on it's way to my delaers and should be arriving any day now.  I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas to arrive. :rolleyes:

I think it was 89 or 90 when I saw this TV add, They had a pyramid of full champagne glasses on the hood of a LS400 with the car running. I have always owned TOYOTA and thought it was time to upgrade to some LUXURY. I still miss my 95 CAMRY :cries: And am quite happy with my LEXUS'S :D