New Es330 - Navigation Update Help

Hi Guys,

My wife and I just purchased a 2005 ES 330 last month and so far it has been one of the best cars we have ever had and our first Lexus. I was impressed enough with it to purchase myself a certified 2003 RX 300 last week.

I do have a question about the navigation in our ES. We live in a small town and several of the roads are wrong in my neighborhood. Some of the streets are in the wrong order and others have completely wrong names. The rest of the city is correct, just the few sub divisions in my area are wrong. They have been there for many years. Is there an email address or vendor name for the company that makes the map database for Lexus? I would like to notify them of the error so that maybe on future DVD's they create it could be corrected so it would be right on my car. Of course I don't need it to find my house :), but it isn't as impressive when you drive someone around the first time and it is lising streets that don't exist.

Or do they care to know and I am just wasting my time?

Thanks,

Kevin Stephenson

Muscle Shoals, AL

I would try 1-800-26-lexus, headoffice should give you a good idea and possible some compensation.

I will give them a try. I wasn't sure if Lexus themselves would actually pass it on but it is worth trying.

Oh great, is out "Ramrat, TX" faux-dealer back? <_<

Is that supposed to mean something to me or was that meant for someone else?

No not for you, v84x4, who is now known as 12345. And, he's back again. :pirate:

Sorry if I wasn't clear. ;)

Oh great, is out "Ramrat, TX" faux-dealer back? <_<

Is that supposed to mean something to me or was that meant for someone else?

No not for you, v84x4, who is now known as 12345. And, he's back again.:pirate:

Sorry if I wasn't clear. ;)

Okay, Thanks.

What do you guys expect Lexus to do ?

I don't have a nav system but know that these sytems are not perfect. Even "old school" Thomas Bros. maps are wrong at times. Even Yahoo maps can get funky at times. These things usually get sorted out with time. If anything I would inform the nav sytem people of the mistakes and let them check it out.

Live with it... and take a old fashioned paper map with you.

George

What do you guys expect Lexus to do ? 

Live with it... and take a old fashioned paper map with you.

I actually don't expect Lexus to do anything, but some GPS maping company makes their database for them and I am sure they want their software to be as accurate as possible. Its not that it doesn't have my streets in the database, they are there just with the wrong names.

I work with software developers all of the time and without feedback, they don't know their product is wrong. I plan on buying DVD updates every couple of years and it they get their corrections in soon enough, it could be fixed by the 2006-2007 CD's. Then at least when someone gets in my car and drives with me they aren't saying "wait, you don't live on Maple St. There isn't even a Maple St. here, etc.".

I love my navigation and have it on two vehicles and it is great even with mistakes here and there. I am totally digital and attempt to never use paper anything!!

ke4sfu,

I've noticed the same errors on my wife's 04 system, obviously just in our local area (since I wouldn't know if the info was wrong someplace I've never been before). We've decided to live with it until the next upgrade comes out this September? so we've been told. But if you come up with a contact for suggesting corrections to the program, please post them so that I can add my 2 cents worth, and make the database more accurate.

• 1 month later...
            I've noticed the same errors on my wife's 04 system, obviously just in our local area (since I wouldn't know if the info was wrong someplace I've never been before). We've decided to live with it until the next upgrade comes out this September? so we've been told. But if you come up with a contact for suggesting corrections to the program, please post them so that I can add my 2 cents worth, and make the database more accurate.

You're right, many of these issues won't get fixed until they're noticed so I also think it's important to report them. Probably many dealers don't bother or may not even know about it, but they do have a mechanism for reporting these kinds of issues back to the head office and to the vendor. How about reporting them to your dealer or to the 1-800 number but also reporting them here while you're at it?