Locked Out

air12290

Bought a used 1990 LS. When I bought it, was given one key... it has NO buttons on it, and it will only work in the ignition and the trunk.

Not sure why it will not turn in the doors, but the owner told me that. so we never lock it.

Tonight, I pulled off the battery cables and cleaned the posts. Put them back on.

The car locked itself. Cannot open it.

what do I face when I get a locksmith to come in the AM.. What procedure should I follow?

Wife is not happy with me.. :-)

That's bizarre. I would try some graphite lock spray in the locks first...perhaps some of the interal parts of the key cylinder are frozen. I had a valet key that would not work in the trunk lock cylinder on my ES. The dealer thought the keys weren't cut properly, so they kept making me more and more of them at no charge! After I got tired of the free keys (at #4), I took the car to a lock smith, and he recommended graphite grease. Sure, enough it worked.

It's a long shot, but it's cheap and won't hurt anything!

Have fun ,as soon as you open the lock it will relock itself and set off the alarm, making it a real fun game of opening the door and lock fast enough.

I agree trying some kind of lube.

Too bad you did have lexus roadside assistance.

I had similar problem. Since i use the remote almost all the time, the lock cylinder became difficult to turn and eventually froze up. Fortunately i was able to use the remote to get in (low battery in remote). I ended up taking the lock cylinder out and removing some of the pins that were stuck. Also did the same thing with the ignition switch when it became difficult to turn. With it being a 91 w/ 185k i'm not too concerned with the lessened security by having fewer pins in the cylinder - and the repair was cheap (DIY free). :rolleyes:

And just think: If you had the dealer get involved, they would have probably put a second deed of trust against your house to pay for it. Hahaha

Glad to see even something as fancy as an LS400 can be fixed with a cheap can of WD40! :cheers:

He did ,it is a banned kid who owns an imaginary dealership called Lexus of Ramarat in Texas and he is trying to improvise by making as much noise as a child with a tantrum can .

As all good parents should do ,please ignore him as he is sent packing.

He did ,it is a banned kid who owns an imaginary dealership called Lexus of Ramarat in Texas and he is trying to improvise by making as much noise as a child with a tantrum can .

As all good parents should do ,please ignore him as he is sent packing.

good move