Does Clean Icv Will Solve The Fast Idle

Hampton

My 95ls400 cold start will has a fast idle around 1400rmp and the exaust smell is terribe, no somke. when engin warm up its idle is fine around 650rmp, one week ago I cleaned the TSB,EGR,MAF and change the fuel filter and switch to Mobil 1 synthetic oil, engin get more power and more smooth, but cold start fast idle still there, because warm up engin's idle is pretty fine, I didn't clean the ICV last week,

Do I need to clean the ICV? or anywhere I can do to solve the problem?

Any suggestion or advice, please

BTW, this problem exist five years ago when I brought it, does the new engin has the same question?

Thanks

My 95ls400 cold start will has a fast idle around 1400rmp and the exaust smell is terribe, no somke. when engin warm up its idle is fine around 650rmp, one week ago I cleaned the TSB,EGR,MAF and change the fuel filter and switch to Mobil 1 synthetic oil, engin get more power and more smooth, but cold start fast idle still there, because warm up engin's idle is pretty fine, I didn't clean the ICV last week,

BTW, this problem exist five years ago when I brought it, does the new engin has the same question?

Thanks

thats normal as far as the idle goes matbe you should try the b12 chemtool which they sell in autozone to clean out you fuel system put a can in every time you fill up

unless you know you have a problem with one then get either a motorvac or add some seafoam

What is a seafoam? Please explain. I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I remember long time ago, because of a recall, Nissan had to replace all 6 injectors on my very old Maxima, and after that I felt like I got a new engine installed.

high rpm around 1500 while the engine is cold is perfectly normal, engine was designed to funcion this way. you dont need to take any actions to prevent this.

Thanks

Bro, your car is fine, that’s how its programmed to be. The smell your talking about is because the catalysts are basically useless until they warm up to normal operating temperatures.

Adding any type of fuel injector will get your oil very dirty. My suggestion is, if you just want to clean up your injectors (They have nothing to do with idle) then do it right before you change your oil.