When I try to charge my 2024 Lexus 450H+ plug-in it stops charging at 32 miles and shows 100% charged.  How do I get to the documented 37 miles of range?

The range of an electric or hybrid vehicle can be influenced by several factors, including driving conditions, climate, and the vehicle’s state of health. Here are a few suggestions that might help you achieve the full 37 miles of range on your 2024 Lexus 450H+:

1. Charging Infrastructure: Ensure you’re using the appropriate charging infrastructure. The RX 450h+ is equipped with a Level 1 vehicle charging cable for 120V outlets. However, at 240V, it can be fully charged in approximately 2.5 hours using the standard 6.6 kW Onboard Charger1. If you’re not already using a Level 2 charger, you might want to consider upgrading.

2. Driving Habits: Your driving habits can significantly impact the vehicle’s range. Aggressive driving, high speeds, and frequent short trips can reduce the range. Try to maintain a steady speed and avoid hard acceleration or braking when possible.

3. Climate Control: Using the heater or air conditioning can also reduce the range. If possible, pre-condition the vehicle while it’s still plugged in to reduce the energy used for climate control while driving.

4. Vehicle Maintenance: Regular maintenance is essential for keeping your vehicle in top condition. Ensure your vehicle’s software is up-to-date, the tires are properly inflated, and the vehicle is serviced regularly according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.

If you’ve tried these suggestions and are still not achieving the full range, it might be a good idea to contact a Lexus service center for further assistance. They can check if there’s a problem with the vehicle’s battery or charging system. Please note that real-world conditions may cause the actual range to vary from the manufacturer’s stated range

Thank you for the information.  My question was not about the range.  It was about not being able to fully charge up to 37 miles and showing 100% charged at 32 miles.