Bugs On My Bumper

indiasfinest

i just went on a 5600 mile road trip on my GX..at every gas station i would clean off the bugs...on the last day i dove straight form phoenix to dallas (1100 miles) and my car has so many bugs i couldnt count them...so then i took to a do it yourself carwash and used their high pressure wash and detailed the car myself...2 hours wasted..is there any way you can prevent these bugs or reduce the amount of them...im not going 4 a car wash every day..thanks in advance

-j

There is this 3M clear film that you can apply to your bumper and side view mirrors. Each application is a few layers of the material, which is almost completely invisible to the naked eye. and every time there is a buildup, you tear off the top layer, with a fresh layer below it. i believe it costs around $350 for an application, but i do not know how many sheets are included in that.

http://www.automotivearticles.com/Clear_Bra_3M.shtml

try that link, there's some useful info there.

Hope that helps.

When going on a long trip

take some saran wrap and wrap your front bumper hood and mirrors.

Once you arrive peel it right off and the bugs are gone instantly.

It is cheap and simple and cannot be see once applied unless closley looked at but at 60 mph who is looking closly at your bumper except the bug about to be splattered.

The 3m stuff works well for a clear bra but it is not made to peel layers off of it.

Another option is to wax the front end well.

It make the bug fall off once you hit a power washer.

Also when using a power washer ,spray from an angle almost paralell to the bumper and slowly use the pressure to skim the bumper.

It will remove all the large bug parts then a basic bug/tar wipe which comes in a ready to use pack of towels can be used for a quick wipe down.

After going to New Jersey last week i had the same problem, luckly it only took me 5 minutes to remove the bugs since i just waxed the front end and had the wipes at the washer.

I like the saran wrap part. I think I might try that nex time.

You might want to put on a GX car mask. It has help me eliminate the chip and nick off the paint, and bugs too.

Use Meguaires NXT Tech Wax. You can get it at Target, etc. I use my car for work (approx 1000 miles/week) and had huge bug problems. I started using the tech wax and the bugs do not stick to the car as much. Also, a simple car wash removes 98% of them. I use it on the hood, bumber and mirrors. It's very easy to apply and lasts a couple of washes. Whatever you do, DON'T use the window squeegee at the gas station to rub the bugs off, you'll scratch your paint and make matters worse.