Replacing My Old Seats With New Ones? Need Help!

94Celsior

i have a 1994 ls400. tan leather. i want to get all new seats and center console top. does anyone know where i can get this? i was told to search around in junkyards but thats the last place ill look. if anyone has any advice on what i should do, let me know, thanks

If you don't want new leather covers then a junkyards where I'd start. Blake got a very nice seat, console cover, and steering wheel from a junkyard.

I agree. Thanks Steve! :D

What's so bad about things form a junkyard?

Before:

holy $hit:

DSC00317.sized.jpg

wow:

DSC00227.sized.jpg

sheesh:

DSC00228.sized.jpg

Torn at the top:

DSC00368.sized.jpg

After with JUNKYARD parts:

DSC00384.sized.jpg

DSC00370.sized.jpg

DSC00374.sized.jpg

Use car-part.com to do the searching for you. I bought all of these parts from a good ole country-bumpkin in Arkansas (last place I would have thought they would have Lexus parts) for less than $600 and shipped for free to an industrial address (the seat weighs over 70lbs). Find some contacts on car-part.com, demand some pics, and buy the best looking pieces...that's what I did. It was painless and cheap. Installation for all of those pieces was just over an hour with an air ratchet and steering wheel puller.

i have a 1994 ls400. tan leather.  i want to get all new seats and center console top. does anyone know where i can get this? i was told to search around in junkyards but thats the last place ill look. if anyone has any advice on what i should do, let me know, thanks

I had my two front bottom seats and part of upper half of one of them redone. I took it to a leather shop that works on boats and cars in Lawrence Massachusetts. He ordered the tan leather from Lexus (Toyota) and it came out beautiful!! My car is an RX300 2002, I bought it used and the front seats were in rough shape. Looks brand new now. The total charge for labor and leather was $700 and it took 2 days.

A local upholstery shop can usually do great work in a car.

The nice thing is if it is only the outer or inner parts of the seats that are damaged you can get inserts added for cheap and give it an audi ish 2 tone interior which looks amazing if the right hues of colours are used.

What do you think of the $700-DIY kit (leather cover only) for console and 4 seats, at autoleathers.com?

Leatherseats.com has some great stuff.

I'll contact them when it's time for my next project.

I'll probably have them replace the leather on shift knob and steering wheel too.

Thanks.